• Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Gumbo Man View Post
    #1 Deer eyes are green
    #2 Alligator eyes are red
    #3 If hog hunting fences and posted signs mean nothing after night fall

What am I overlooking ?

Us ETX guys already know this stuff.

If you are trying to become a real ETX hunter you need to learn what a running lease is along with a throw-down gun.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

East Texas Hunters Need To Know List

They have 37 members on 2000 acres of timber lease ….because it hunts larger than 2000 acres of Hill country or SoTx.. … not because it drives the annual lease fee down. [emoji41]

Comment

Originally posted by StickFlinger View Post
        This lol, I love seeing the four year old kids holding their dads full size 30-06 in the news paper
        No, that would be a 30-30

Comment

Originally posted by Smart View Post
          They have 37 members on 2000 acres of timber lease ….because it hunts larger than 2000 acres of Hill country or SoTx.. … not because it drives the annual lease fee down. [emoji41]

No they have 37 families. That’s 148 people allowed to hunt.

Comment

Originally posted by Mayhem View Post
            No they have 37 families. That’s 148 people allowed to hunt.

That’s 1 hunter per 13 1/2 acres. Average deer density for ET is 1 deer per 20 acres. Seems about right!!

Comment

ALWAYS carry a baggie of meth.
              1. You can use it to trade for your stand, gamecam, etc back from the local tweakers
              2. It is a requirement if you want your encounter to air on Lone Star Law

Comment

You can ride your dirt bikes and 4 wheelers where ever you want, barbed wire be dmmd.

Extra garbage? just slide right up the nearest gate and dump it out. Almost like they asked for it to be done with the lack of high grass right there and all.

Comment

Originally posted by DaveC View Post

Extra garbage? just slide right up the nearest gate and dump it out. Almost like they asked for it to be done with the lack of high grass right there and all.

m
                  That sounds like a miniature waste transfer station.

Comment

"Welcome to the deer lease new member!"

"Thanks! Im excited to be here, have been on the waiting list for several years. What areas are available for me to hunt?"

"There is one area available, its a 2 acre island on the other side of the river, accessible by boat or canoe. All other stand sites are taken right now, but we will let you know if anyone gets off the club and the club president (or any of the 37 other members) decide they don't want to take over their stand site. Oh you can sit on the main road by the sign in shed also, that area is available. Good luck this season!"

Comment

Originally posted by jay07ag View Post
                      "Welcome to the deer lease new member!"

"Thanks! Im excited to be here, have been on the waiting list for several years. What areas are available for me to hunt?"

"There is one area available, its a 2 acre island on the other side of the river, accessible by boat or canoe. All other stand sites are taken right now, but we will let you know if anyone gets off the club and the club president (or any of the 37 other members) decide they don't want to take over their stand site. Oh you can sit on the main road by the sign in shed also, that area is available. Good luck this season!"

[emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

Comment

I would like to say most of these comments are stereotypes, but is it really a stereotype if it’s true???

Comment

What season?

Comment

Originally posted by Mayhem View Post
                            I would like to say most of these comments are stereotypes, but is it really a stereotype if it’s true???

Stereotypes only exist because they are rooted in truth

Comment

Closed gate = open season

Comment

Originally posted by DaveC View Post
                                You can ride your dirt bikes and 4 wheelers where ever you want, barbed wire be dmmd.
                                The locals around our last lease were raised right. Didn't see any trespassers during deer season. Now the day after there were 4 wheeler trains, side by sides, trucks pulling trailers with dogs (no idea how they got past the gate), trail rides, etc.

These people had manners.

Comment

Working...
                                X