Announcement

Collapse

TBH Maintenance

Ongoing TBH Website maintenance this evening. Your TBH visit may not be optimal during this service window.
See more
See less

Torn Maniscus

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Had mine done last October was walking within a week, but was off work for 3 months. Do your physical therapy !

Comment

I've had one piece of cake

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Snowflake Killa View Post
        I've had one piece of cake

Never have just one piece of cake.

Comment

Had both mine removed from doing stupid stuff. Easy recovery if good Dr. Who is your orthopedic Surgeon?

Comment

Had my left medial meniscus removed in 1972. No such thing as arthroscopic surgery back then. Dr made me walk the next day. About 4 months til back to normal.

Comment

boy, I really fell for this clickbait...

sorry about your knee, having torn my meniscus and ACL, it is not fun.

BUT..... I saw your post saying you tore your "Maniscus" and thought you had torn your lower region

after that, the knee seems a lot less painful to deal with

Comment

Originally posted by rsquared View Post
                boy, I really fell for this clickbait...

sorry about your knee, having torn my meniscus and ACL, it is not fun.

BUT..... I saw your post saying you tore your "Maniscus" and thought you had torn your lower region

after that, the knee seems a lot less painful to deal with
                I cannot spell. But that is funny

Comment

My knee has popped for years it just now got really bad.
                  Dr. asked if I had ever hurt it. I started in 1973.

Comment

Originally posted by RR 314 View Post
                    Never have just one piece of cake.
                    Good point

Comment

Way to many variables to answer a time question. I've had my right meniscus worked over two different times. The first surgery in 2013 I was in a wheel chair for six weeks with the leg extended straight. No weight allowed on it. The next surgery was in 2020 and was walking with a walker the same day as surgery. Good luck.

Comment

I had one torn. Had it repaired one day. Was on crutches the next day. Was walking w/o crutches the third day. Healing was pretty fast. I did do some PT at my request to ensure proper healing and total reuse of knee.

My only restriction is not to squat in "catcher stance." Learned to adapt to that restriction- Simply go down on good knee to read golf putts !

Comment

My mom is 65 and had hers reattached yesterday, it was basically completely torn off. They added some filler as well
                          She has to keep it braced with zero weight on it for 2 weeks and then physical therapy
                          Probably a 6-8 week recovery at best

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Originally posted by kingranch View Post
                            i work in MR and I can tell you my opinion.
                            Unless it is a severe tear ie bucket handle or similar just leave it alone.
                            Once they go in and remove it that leaves little to no cushion and your going to develop arthritic changes when the bones start to wear into each other... may not happen right away but it will

I'm crawling on ground before mine is ever cut out-

Good luck!
                            Exactly, I tore them in both knees... left one in highschool (reinjured 20 years ago) and the other about 7 years ago. Went to the doctor on the left one and he basically said he would have to remove so much it would cause more damage in the long run and would have to replace the whole knee.... 29 years later and I still run 3 miles a day.

After the initial tear on both it did take almost a year to get right where there wasn't pain and could run.

Comment

I've had them both done and walking the same afternoon. Nothing to it except for the pulmonary embolism in my lungs and almost died.

Comment

Well I had mine done 4 months ago and even made a comment in another post about how easy the recovery was….no pain for 6 weeks and now a few months later it’s worse than it was before the surgery…just scheduled an appointment to have it looked at again.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X