No announcement yet.

2022 -2023 Duck Season Thread!!!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Got some good rain forecasted. Hope we get a good soaking to help the habitat here in late season.

Comment

Mostly pintail today. We just had to watch them after shooting our limits. Had them feet down bombing into the decoys at 10 yards. Millie thought we were crazy when we kept NOT shooting.

Comment

Got to go duck hunting in FL last Friday for the first time in awhile. Hunted just NW of Lake Okeechobee, took Glade ducks (FL mottled), BWT, Blackbellied and Fulvous tree ducks.

Hunted in t shirts, lol.

Comment

My brother retired CBP last year and moved to GT.
          We would like to get into duck hunting next year, maybe Granger Lake area.
          Does Army Corp allow duck hunting on the lake?
          We're novices so any info is appreciated.

Comment

3 of us had 9 yesterday with a kicker crane. Could have easily limited on jacks but we passed them up looking for different birds. Had teal, pintail, and a can. Way less birds around than there have been

Comment

Originally posted by Big Al View Post
              My brother retired CBP last year and moved to GT.
              We would like to get into duck hunting next year, maybe Granger Lake area.
              Does Army Corp allow duck hunting on the lake?
              We're novices so any info is appreciated.
              I have only been duck hunting a couple seasons, but I have hunted Granger Lake multiple times and had a little luck. You have to get the APH permit to hunt Granger, and there is a minimum shot size as well. When you purchase your Annual Public Hunting (APH) permit, they mail you a book with hunting regulations for all available areas including Granger lake. Each hunting area has its own set of regulations, but you should be able to find all information on the TPWD website.

This link is the same as what you receive in the book.

chrome-extension://efaidnbmnnnibpcajpcglclefindmkaj/https://tpwd.texas.gov/huntwild/hunt/public/annual_public_hunting/resources/709.pdf

Comment

Thanks to for the info.

Comment

There were a ton of birds still up in Kansas last week with more migrating back from the south as the week progressed. We shot the mallards and canadas up pretty good.

Comment

Had a good little shoot this AM.

Comment

Good hunts y’all!

Finished up 5 days of wing shooting today with little man chasing pheasants and chuckers in Gainesville! Little man got his first of each! We ended up with 7 chuckers and 4 pheasants! Back home and unpacked! Back to work and then time to get on the fish.

Comment

Pintail and gadwall.

Comment

Man, that looks good, Shane!

Comment

Originally posted by Les View Post
                            I use High N' Dry, too. So does the ranch I work at. They probably have 20 pair on the rack for customers.
                            It's hard to pass up a product that their about story starts with "We're commercial fishermen and we got sick and tired of leaky waders..."

Comment

2022 -2023 Duck Season Thread!!!!!!

Originally posted by Texas Grown View Post
                              Man, that looks good, Shane!

It was. Salt, pepper and garlic, then cooked in hot butter. Served with black eyed peas and sauerkraut.

Comment

Very little birds up around Graham. We usually are filled up by this time each year. Slooow

Comment

Working...
                                X