2022 -2023 Duck Season Thread!!!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ultrastealth View Post
    I think most of what came down is further West. We have a lot of birds in Nada right now.
    I’m gonna go with the pressure decreases the further west you go.

Comment

Buddy in SW ark said all his mallards left today! They killed a couple grey ducks. We’re having lunch at the lake then headed to Okarche! Sids for onion burgers for lunch and the brewery for beer and chicken tomorrow night! Cooking and watching football Sat! Stopping on the way home to shoot pheasants and chuckers in Gainesville for little mans Christmas present!

Comment

Originally posted by Greenheadless View Post
        I’m gonna go with the pressure decreases the further west you go.
        Yes, but I can assure you that there is no more pressured area in the state than the Nada/Garwood area. Colorado County is second only to Calhoun in ducks killed.

Comment

Cousin and I went and set up in a field for cranes this am.

Instead of doing what they've done the past few days, today they went a completely different direction. Only had a 3 pack come by the field we were in, but they weren't anywhere close to being in range. Win some, lose some

Comment

We managed 7-8 ducks and the smallest Canada I’ve seen in a long time! Onion burger and the coney with slaw were on point though!! Watered thawed but not many birds around.

Comment

Originally posted by Les View Post
              I use High N' Dry, too. So does the ranch I work at. They probably have 20 pair on the rack for customers.
              I went with gator waders for the good reviews but mostly cause I got a new pair for 248 shipped. Olive green not camo.

Comment

28 geese this morning. 5 snows and blues and rest Canada’s. Little man got his first snow goose. He was excited about that! Been a while since I’ve been in a goose spread. I miss it!

Comment

16 geese and 6 mallards today. No wind at all. Birds wouldn’t finish. Still a good start to the new year!!

Comment

Originally posted by Slew View Post
                    16 geese and 6 mallards today. No wind at all. Birds wouldn’t finish. Still a good start to the new year!!
                    Where yall hunting and what outfit?

Comment

W of OKC. No outfitter. We got our own stuff. Quick **** hunt this morning. 8 birds. I couldn’t hit my arse with both hands today.

Comment

Good New Year's eve hunt to wrap up a poor east tx season.
                        Attached Files

Comment

We were able to scratch out 11 on Saturday but the dang fog was brutal and had everything pretty weary. We need one more push of birds to finish off what i would consider an incredibly strong season for the prairie coastal region in my opinion.

Comment

Managed to scratch out a few in NTX this season but it's been a struggle at times. Had a good solo hunt yesterday near Waco.
                            This pintail is going on the wall- shot properly into a gorgeous Texas morning sky.

Comment

Originally posted by Slew View Post
                              Are you hunting fields or water?

Comment

Originally posted by .243 WSSM View Post
                                Are you hunting fields or water?
                                Fields for geese and water on the duck hunts.

Comment

Working...
                                X