X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TildenHunter View Post
    https://heydayoutdoor.com/?gad=1&gcl...xoCJ9MQAvD_BwE

Tangle free is way to go! This is a company started by a TBHer
    Tangle free is not the same as your link. 2 different companies. The heyday decoys are great for weight & good looks. Nothing wrong with tangle free decoys ,but I prefer the heydays & their riggings too. Dane is a 1st class guy.

Comment

We need the 23/34 thread to get started

I've got lifetime, I mean heyday.... they had to change the name bc their decoys aren't as lifetime as the name suggest. They are good decoys, but I also have avian x, GHG, tanglefree which in my opinion are all good decoys.

My recommendation, buy G&H decoys out of Oklahoma. They are very good decoys and the only American made decoy that I'm aware of.

All these other decoy manufacturers are just importing from China.

Support America.
      Last edited by CTR0022; 08-04-2023, 05:52 PM.

Comment

No doubt g&h are the most durable decoy out there. I have some I still use from the late 70's. Been lots of birds killed over them.

Comment

Originally posted by DUKFVR View Post

Tangle free is not the same as your link. 2 different companies. The heyday decoys are great for weight & good looks. Nothing wrong with tangle free decoys ,but I prefer the heydays & their riggings too. Dane is a 1st class guy.
          Haha. I didn't know Tanglefree was a brand....I was reading that as tangle free (as in the rigging for any decoys). Yea Dane is good peeps! I have quite a few of their original Lifetime Decoys.

Comment

Dave, we need a new 2023-2024 thread started. Teal season is just over a month away!

Comment

Originally posted by Texas Grown View Post
              . Teal season is just over a month away!
              Already like a fat kid in a candy store waiting for early teal!! Ready to roll for the whole16 days!

If we don't start getting some rain & high tides it is going to be a rough season. Dry dry everywhere I roll.

Comment

What’s everyone’s thoughts on teal season with the LCRA not giving water.
                will the places on wells and the coast load up or will the birds just keep on moving to old Mexico.

Comment

Originally posted by Gclyde12 View Post
                  What’s everyone’s thoughts on teal season with the LCRA not giving water.
                  will the places on wells and the coast load up or will the birds just keep on moving to old Mexico.
                  Coast is dry dry too. If it doesn't get rainy, birds will get so much pressure they will move on. Not counting no food either.

With the marsh as low as it is & probably a lot saltier grass production in them will probably be down. Doesn't bode well for regular season either. What rice is grown will be picked over quick by blackbirds etc. Of course with good rains( if we get it) there will be natural feed in newly flooded areas. I drove through Eagle Lake /Garwood area a week ago. Most farmers starting to cut in Gwood area & some were making hay with rice straw already. Canals there supposed to cut off the 15th.
                  Last edited by DUKFVR; 08-05-2023, 02:25 PM.

Comment

Working...
                  X