2022 -2023 Duck Season Thread!!!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Leon County Slayer View Post
    Does anyone know of a guide close to Houston? Would love to get my some out for one last hunt and that may be the only day and if it’s close enough. Thanks and best of luck to all!

I used to work with Cody and he’s a standup guy, he always seems to be on the ducks around Freeport

Log into Facebook to start sharing and connecting with your friends, family, and people you know.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Originally posted by Russ81 View Post
      I went with High N’ Dry after my banded waders leaked after only seven hunts. They’re fairly simple waders which I like and the boots are comfortable.

High 'N Dry professional chest waders and jackets are designed to keep your warm and dry throughout the hunting and fishing seasons.

Another endorsement for High N' Dry. Third year for mine and no issues.

Comment

My son and his buddies did good yesterday, including some cans and a cinnamon.

Comment

Congrats on the Cinny! Still haven’t shot one of those! Work a couple hours and head back to Oklahoma this afternoon. Hopefully they’ll thaw out enough by tomorrow to have a few birds around.

Comment

Originally posted by Russ81 View Post
            I went with High N’ Dry after my banded waders leaked after only seven hunts. They’re fairly simple waders which I like and the boots are comfortable.

High 'N Dry professional chest waders and jackets are designed to keep your warm and dry throughout the hunting and fishing seasons.

I use High N' Dry, too. So does the ranch I work at. They probably have 20 pair on the rack for customers.
            Lesto!!

Comment

Originally posted by ultrastealth View Post

VERY nice! Great photos, too. Sure hope I get a Cinnamon before I die!
              Lesto!!

Comment

My two dream ducks!! Where were they hunting?

Comment

Decent morning today! Really odd, I thought that front would have given us a good push for the rest of season. But our birds are pretty much gone. Skunked yesterday. Solid mixed bag this am.

Bonus got my first dove of 2022! Gave it all 3 inches! [emoji1787]

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk

Comment

Reports are still very bleak around Anahuac for us…. I was extremely hopeful with last weeks front because we didn’t really have birds to start with and a week later after numerous freezes we still don’t have many birds.

Just don’t understand it.

Comment

Originally posted by 150class View Post
                      Reports are still very bleak around Anahuac for us…. I was extremely hopeful with last weeks front because we didn’t really have birds to start with and a week later after numerous freezes we still don’t have many birds.

I think most of what came down is further West. We have a lot of birds in Nada right now.

Comment

Gotta have birds to push down in the first place. I'm convinced it being dry up north brought us more birds early and that's all that's coming. If anything the few that were around got pushed south. Got a feeling the rest of the season is going to be a grind.

Comment

Originally posted by jdg13 View Post
                          Gotta have birds to push down in the first place. I'm convinced it being dry up north brought us more birds early and that's all that's coming. If anything the few that were around got pushed south. Got a feeling the rest of the season is going to be a grind.
                          This is what my thoughts are…. I hope I’m wrong and others chime in about seeing solid bird numbers besides those who have awesome honey holes (you dang outliers! Hard work pays off and not taking anything away from that by any means!)

Really starting to think that deltas birds numbers are way off/fabricated to keep hunters involved and the flooding of crops in the Midwest is keeping birds staying put no matter what happens….

Then again that’s just me complaining and I know there are other factors involved /others have been in the game much longer than myself that have better insight.

Comment

I think most of what came down is further West. We have a lot of birds in Nada right now.
                            Makes sense as some buddies out in the hill country have been hammering them on the river when everything else was frozen over.

Comment

Makes sense as some buddies out in the hill country have been hammering them on the river when everything else was frozen over.
                              We hammered them good last week in the hill country on a river. Driving back in Saturday evening every piece of water aside of the river was frozen.

Comment

Originally posted by slayr View Post
                                We hammered them good last week in the hill country on a river. Driving back in Saturday evening every piece of water aside of the river was frozen.
                                Last week if u had some open water during the worst of it you probably had birds. Alot of those will spread back out now that everything is open. Have hunted different areas of the state lately. Not impressed at all with overall numbers or reports I am getting. One person may be loaded up,but everyone else is scratching for a few birds.

Comment

Working...
                                X