2022 -2023 Duck Season Thread!!!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well that was absolutely miserable lol

We had a solid inch of ice everywhere. I used the can-am to break up the spread and it froze over again in 5 mins.

We saw 4 mallards and 3 spoonies fly by that were going elsewhere. My face still stings and we left at 845

Comment

One picture will say it all for how cold it was. So much ice attached to them, they started to sink.
      Attached Files

Comment

2022 -2023 Duck Season Thread!!!!!!

It was crazy good for me. One of those mornings you will never forget.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
        Last edited by Pin Oak DXT; 12-23-2022, 04:54 PM.

Comment

Didn’t hunt this morning but ran the airboat down river to help some young hunters get out. Cold like this is no place to push your luck with a weak battery!

Ice was thick enough in places the airboat slid on top without breaking through!

Comment

[QUOTE=bboswell;16572944]Didn’t hunt this morning but ran the airboat down river to help some young hunters get out. Cold like this is no place to push your luck with a weak battery!

Ice was thick enough in places the airboat slid on top without breaking through!

[/QUOTE

A BIG Thumbs up for you helping out Brent!

Comment

Congrats PinOak!

Comment

Originally posted by bboswell View Post
                Didn’t hunt this morning but ran the airboat down river to help some young hunters get out. Cold like this is no place to push your luck with a weak battery!

Yeah that kid has got the duck hunting itch this year if it’s who I’m thinking it was lol. Trinity?

Comment

Originally posted by 97JeepGuy View Post
                  Yeah that kid has got the duck hunting itch this year if it’s who I’m thinking it was lol. Trinity?

Yes that is near Riverside

Comment

Nice hunt PinOak. Great mixed bag.

Hunted the marsh in the freeze of 83. One hunt I cut my waders and filled one leg with water. Thought I was going to die! Great hunts, though! VERY memorable.

Be careful guys!
                    Lesto!!

Comment

Nice work Mr Boswell.

And enjoy the hunts fellers, even if it's frozen, and/or unsuccessful in kill-n birds. You will always have those memories. Memories are the true trophies.

Comment

Pair of hoody's today. Saw quite a few on the river this am. I just wasn't on the right spot.

Wasn't too bad of a morning though!

Pooh didn't mind the Cold one bit!

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk

Comment

Had a great hunt today in different conditions here on the coast. I did take a tumble about 8 am chasing a cripple when the ice got thick real quick. Ended up filling both boots with water, but there was ducks to be killed! Water warmed up in the waders & it wasn't bad.

Comment

Congrats on the blackduck Dave.

And congrats to Flex on the Hoody. Those are great on the smoker.

Comment

Originally posted by Texas Grown View Post
                              Congrats on the blackduck Dave.

And congrats to Flex on the Hoody. Those are great on the smoker.
                              Did you get into them pretty good at the W lake?

Comment

Originally posted by DUKFVR View Post
                                Had a great hunt today in different conditions here on the coast. I did take a tumble about 8 am chasing a cripple when the ice got thick real quick. Ended up filling both boots with water, but there was ducks to be killed! Water warmed up in the waders & it wasn't bad.

Congrats on some great birds!

Comment

Working...
                                X