2022 -2023 Duck Season Thread!!!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 150class View Post
    Finally gave water up north near Corsicana so will be hunting there Friday morning!
    You mean next Friday? Seasons closed till the 3rd

Comment

Ready for this new cold front to come through tomorrow with some birds hopefully, just got on some trash ducks this weekend.
      [IMG][/IMG]

Comment

Originally posted by PoppinPiggies View Post
        Ready for this new cold front to come through tomorrow with some birds hopefully, just got on some trash ducks this weekend.
        [IMG][/IMG]
        There is no such things as trash ducks! Be glad you have those. Lots of people would love them.

Comment

Originally posted by CTR0022 View Post
          You mean next Friday? Seasons closed till the 3rd
          You guys wait for seasons….? I mean…….

Was suppose to be Saturday morning* lol

Comment

5 day split seems silly to me. Arkansas opens back up the 10th but I doubt I make it. Forgot about it and booked a fishing trip Sat and don't want to drive up that night for a morning hunt Sunday.

Good hunts ya'll!

Comment

Originally posted by DUKFVR View Post
              There is no such things as trash ducks! Be glad you have those. Lots of people would love them.
              Good point! Great reminder

Comment

A few more pictures from last Sunday. It sure makes me smile watching my Winn work.. She is SOOOO happy. Makes me happy.
                Attached Files
                Lesto!!

Comment

Great captures, Les! Hard to beat watching a good dog work.

(Especially one you've trained yourself.)

The fish are biting and there's hogs to be kill-t. Gotta go!

Comment

Great Pics Les! Thanks for sharing!

Comment

Originally posted by Les View Post
                      Putting that new equipment to work. Nice!!
                      Yes sir!

Only problem though is I am switching back and forth from the 100-400 f5-6.3 for the further shots and then the 24-70 f2.8 for the Blind and close up shots and the f2.8 is just so much better (obviously)... So it is really making it hard to wait until the 15th when bonuses come around to grab the new Sony 70-200 Oss ii.... I compared the first gen and second gen of that lens the other day to see if its really worth the extra 1000$ and the weight difference by itself is worth it.... Plus them cutting the minimal focal distance in half is great.

Just have to bring the spread in a little closer to the blind to get the action shots of the birds getting hammered!

Can't believe how quickly I am transferring to shooting with the camera instead of the gun lol

Comment

Great shots Les! Keep posting them

Comment

Awesome captures Les. Beautiful wetlands you have there.

Comment

Awesome pics!!

Comment

Man I was really looking forward to slaying my first duck this weekend but Alazan Bayou just called and told me there is very little standing water. I can still try to hunt them but I may only see a few wood ducks.

I won an archery hunt at Big Lake Bottom so going to try that instead.

Comment

2022 -2023 Duck Season Thread!!!!!!

Avoiding the split. Had to run to Louisiana this week for my father’s annual memorial hunt. Got to take my youngest son. A couple of good hunts at a very special place!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X