No announcement yet.

2022 -2023 Duck Season Thread!!!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Me & my Son finished on top today. I have been blessed to have hunted 19 of the 23 days. definitely started better than last season. Hope it continues. Congrats to all for the good hunts!

Comment

Originally posted by CTR0022 View Post
      I know your in Arkansas, and have been hearing reports.

I have not heard of any reports in Texas.
      Seems like it’s getting worse, here. Mainly juvie geese. Doesn’t seem to be hurting adult geese or really ducks in any numbers…yet.

It’s denting the juvie geese though. There’s been one or two in the decoys every morning and you’ll just see some working really crazy.

You can see dead geese in fields just driving down the road. I also haven’t seen many eagles this year and they’re normally here in abundance when the geese show up. Bet theyre eating the dead and dying.

Comment

Ended up with 10 ducks and 4 geese our last morning. Little man got his gun all jammed up so we passed mine back and forth! He made some great shots on pintails this weekend. We were covered up with them suckers. Try and get back after the ducks after Christmas. I need to see if the fish still remember me!

Comment

Originally posted by 150class View Post
          Wrapped up the split with a good one
          22 birds (gadwall, pinny, teal, spoonies, red head and ring necks) and 2 bonus geese

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
          Now that is a strap!
          Lesto!!

Comment

Got to hunt a couple days this weekend

Comment

Originally posted by DUKFVR View Post
              Me & my Son finished on top today. I have been blessed to have hunted 19 of the 23 days. definitely started better than last season. Hope it continues. Congrats to all for the good hunts!

Looks like a nice morning with your son. Can't beat it!
              Lesto!!

Comment

Originally posted by 150class View Post
                Couple from today

Putting that new equipment to work. Nice!!
                Lesto!!

Comment

We really had a great first split. Only had 3 slow hunts. (No blanks) Really nice finishing out this weekend. Great shoots on big ducks this weekend. Lots of Widgeon!
                  Attached Files
                  Lesto!!

Comment

Originally posted by Tex21 View Post

Nice!
                    Lesto!!

Comment

Congrats to all on successful first splits.

Not a great split for me this year. Hunted mostly lakes and didn't see a lot of birds. When I did see birds I was busy being bored and they saw me. Guess I'm just not as mad at them as before. But I'm still scouting and have a couple more places to look at before the second starts. I'm still thinking of going east, and north. I want to hunt ETX before I move to AZ. I'd like to find some better flooded timber. But I'm expecting willows out there as well.

Lakes have come up some 3 to 5 inches. that makes a significant difference in some lakes. But I expect the tanks have really benefited from the rain. They are usually the first to fill up anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by Razrbk89 View Post
                        I also haven’t seen many eagles this year and they’re normally here in abundance when the geese show up. Bet theyre eating the dead and dying.
                        We have them and you can have them back! Sunday, we had 6 to 10 circling our field reeking havoc the entire morning. There was never a time you couldn't look around and see eagles...
                        Lesto!!

Comment

Originally posted by Tex21 View Post

Congrats!

Comment

Originally posted by DUKFVR View Post

Congrats David and John, looks like a great marsh hunt. Way to round out the split.

Comment

Originally posted by Les View Post
                              We have them and you can have them back! Sunday, we had 6 to 10 circling our field reeking havoc the entire morning. There was never a time you couldn't look around and see eagles...
                              Yea if you’re stuck hunting a field they can be a nuisance. Non-scientific observation, but I usually don’t see them until the sun gets up. I suspect they sit around the goose roosts until they start flying. I hope to be done by then an off to work!

Comment

Finally gave water up north near Corsicana so will be hunting there Friday morning!

Comment

Working...
                                X