No announcement yet.

2022 -2023 Duck Season Thread!!!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Went scouting today. Saw a few in an old haunt. And two big groups there also. One group close to 150. But couldn't make them out. The other big group was about 70 divers. Looks like someone made a jumbo blind out of cane in the back, right out in the middle of the stump field. It stands out like a sore thumb. But being it's cane, and a week early, I bet the birds get used to it. This is an ACE project.

Comment

Off and running with some good hunts. Lots of birds on the prairie!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Nice going, guys!

Saturday was a great shoot, but Sunday slowed down. One group of six had their birds in 20 minutes. Another group of three had six birds. Hope these cold fronts and the full moon brings down more birds.
        Lesto!!

Comment

Maiden voyage with the new blind and hunting our new pond close to the house. Saw tons of ducks but like most they were in the ozone. Ended up with 5 green wing. Was very pleased with the morning and how everything went easy and as planned.

Comment

Nice job everbody!

The fish are biting and there's hogs to be kill-t. Gotta go!

Comment

Originally posted by Les View Post
              Congratulations!! Glad I could help!

As much as I like whacking ducks, the older I get the more I just concentrate on my dog and taking pictures. It makes it much easier to do when you have customers, and you are not shooting for sure!
              Well.... I would like to update that you cost me 2500$ not 1700 lol

Splurged for the new A7iv body and snaged a sigma art 24-70. Will be using that and the 100-400 I have until Bonus's roll in next month and I will probably get the new Sony 70-200 f2.8 II. Was just going to get the OSS I but with the new lens being over 16 oz lighter and the focus/AF advancements I will probably spend the extra 1000$ and do that

And If I touch my shotgun a single time the rest of the season after snagging that lens and these other upgrades I am going to punch myself lol

Comment

Man Saturday cannot get here fast enough for us North Zone wing chasers. Not expecting a banger of an opener as its just been too warm but hopefully this front on Friday brings some new birds down. But a slow day chasing birds is a better day anywhere else!!

Good luck!! Cant wait. My pup was ****** this weekend we took him out to the deer lease and he didnt get to work any!! hahaha

Comment

Looking forward to this weekend! Water is still pretty low but these past couple of rains in NE east texas have helped

Comment

Originally posted by b.latiolais View Post
                    Maiden voyage with the new blind and hunting our new pond close to the house. Saw tons of ducks but like most they were in the ozone. Ended up with 5 green wing. Was very pleased with the morning and how everything went easy and as planned.

Duck huntin in HeyDudes. Y’all really roughing it!! [emoji23][emoji23]

Comment

Good job ya'll! Bringing a gun and some splashers to Aspermont this weekend but I doubt we chase ducks any unless I get my critter down early!

Comment

Any boys out near Paris, TX seeing any birds?

Comment

Originally posted by bboswell View Post
                          Duck huntin in HeyDudes. Y’all really roughing it!! [emoji23][emoji23]
                          That's what i told my son!
                          He was talking about some of his buddies that shot limits. My reply was that we didn't go wait in line two days before the season and never had to touch the water.

Comment

Made it out for a solo hunt this morning after deer hunting with my wife and daughter this weekend. Me and the pup had a good time.
                            [IMG] 2012 roush mustang 0 60[/IMG][IMG] 2012 roush mustang 0 60[/IMG]
                            [IMG] 2012 roush mustang 0 60[/IMG]

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by CTR0022 View Post
                                I noticed respectable numbers of specs coming down today. There were usually some ducks flying with the groups when I looked up. They’re usually pretty good forecasters.

Comment

Working...
                                X