No announcement yet.

2022 -2023 Duck Season Thread!!!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone going to the panhandle this weekend?

Comment

I'ma hope-n this rain today, will fill some of the lakes at least partially. We need it pretty badly on the Colorado and Brazos River systems.

The fish are biting and there's hogs to be kill-t. Gotta go!

Comment

Originally posted by 150class View Post
        What lens are you rolling with?

I have a sigma 200-600 and getting the 70-200 f2.8 next week

Sony A7iii body
        These were taken with a Sigma 150-600 with a Canon 6D MarkII.
        Lesto!!

Comment

Originally posted by CTR0022 View Post
          Anyone going to the panhandle this weekend?
          Yes. Will be in Brownfield area with a few other TBHers.
          Lesto!!

Comment

Few more days

Comment

Originally posted by Les View Post
              Yes. Will be in Brownfield area with a few other TBHers.
              So how was the hunt?

Comment

Surprised no one in the south zone got out for a youth hunt.

Do yall south zone guys still have birds like yall did a few weeks ago?

Comment

Originally posted by CTR0022 View Post
                  Surprised no one in the south zone got out for a youth hunt.

Do yall south zone guys still have birds like yall did a few weeks ago?

I haven’t seen a single duck in Karnes County

Comment

Originally posted by ClayW View Post
                    I haven’t seen a single duck in Karnes County
                    You are too busy looking at the water turkeys to notice the ducks

Comment

Time to get the boat out and run the cobwebs off. Need to see what the hunting areas look like. I'll start pulling the decoys out, putting more grass on the blind and checking to see how much the waders have shrunk. Thinking I may put the layout blind in the truck. This low water may provide a use for it. One good thing, I'm not scrambling for shotgun shells this year. Still, may pick up a case or three just for good measure.

Comment

Bootlips are packing the dairy ponds….
                        Gonna have to call the GW on the eagles…. They are waayyyyy over their limit daily!!!!

The whistling chickens had to bail out, they were loosing 12-15 a day (dumbest bird on earth)…. Puerto Rican mallards are suffering 6-10 casualties a day.

It’s fun to watch…. But I got kids that like to hunt too

Comment

Speaking of raptors, Kyle, there was a hawk in a willow overlooking one of the ponds that I check for ducks roosting, last Sunday. Musta been hungry.

The fish are biting and there's hogs to be kill-t. Gotta go!

Comment

Im looking for a guided duck hunt Eagle Lake ( very roughly ) area. Any suggestions appreciated. Havent hunted them in a while and dont know who to call.

Would consider geese too

Comment

Originally posted by ctom87 View Post
                              First time duck hunter here yall. If it goes quack I will attack. Tagging to follow along so I can learn a thing or two in advance of December 2-4.
                              Don't do it. Its like crack and you'll be adicted.

I didn't even buy a federal stamp this season and was clearing my mind of any thought of going. And then BAM!

My buddy started asking me about what type of shotgun he should get, and could he buy a few of my older decoys for his tank. And just like that I'm ready to buy a stamp and go duck hunting.

But should you go, best of luck and may you be on the "X"

Comment

Originally posted by .243 WSSM View Post
                                So how was the hunt?
                                Was good. Tons of birds in the area. Got a little warm, though.
                                Mary, Kevin, Me, Colette, Michael, Jeanette, Karla and Heath!
                                Attached Files
                                Lesto!!

Comment

Working...
                                X