No announcement yet.

2022 -2023 Duck Season Thread!!!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

One of my best Teal hunts ever was on the North end of Conroe in the late 90's. It's not the way it used to be.

Comment

River hunted for my first time this season and killed my first ever mallard drake. I got out late yesterday evening but will be back again. If I was an hour earlier I would have stacked a few birds up. None the less this new waterfowler has been learning a lot and having a blast doing it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Fond memories of duck hunting up there. It was hard to get used to shooting birds in full eclipse plumage, making identification harder.

Comment

Originally posted by diamond10x View Post
          River hunted for my first time this season and killed my first ever mallard drake. I got out late yesterday evening but will be back again. If I was an hour earlier I would have stacked a few birds up. None the less this new waterfowler has been learning a lot and having a blast doing it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
          Congrats!

Comment

Still have plenty of birds, but the number have dropped some. A friend and I went by ourselves yesterday and had out limits before the sun busted the tops of the trees. I believe that is the quickest 2 man limit I've ever shot. Today one of the 3 groups had 10 of the 18 they could shoot, but they had plenty-o-opportunities.
            Attached Files
            Lesto!!

Comment

Originally posted by DUKFVR View Post
              Had a great hunt on the Gwood prairie. Took the 410 this morning.

Nice!

I have a side by side .410. Think I'm going to bring it down and give that a try!
              Lesto!!

Comment

Great pics Les!

Comment

Originally posted by droebuck View Post
                  One of my best Teal hunts ever was on the North end of Conroe in the late 90's. It's not the way it used to be.
                  Unless they changed it back, you can't even teal hunt on Conroe. Or passed noon.

Ask me how I found that out [emoji53]

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Comment

Nice pics Lesto!

Comment

Finished with 22 today. Not a great hunt but not a bad one either.

Not near as many birds in the sky and it was warm!

Comment

Yesterday was rough for us. Today we saw a lot more birds, but they didnt finish as well as they have been.

Comment

We ended with 16 in Garwood
                          Definitely lost some birds in our area.

Comment

Had DU TV film crew with us today. We had our 36 birds before 8:00 a.m. and then just sat and watched. It was so beautiful. I even got me some jewelry. Banded in Canada on August 16th, 2022. A month ago.
                            Attached Files
                            Lesto!!

Comment

Originally posted by Les View Post
                              Had DU TV film crew with us today. We had our 36 birds before 8:00 a.m. and then just sat and watched. It was so beautiful. I even got me some jewelry. Banded in Canada on August 16th, 2022. A month ago.
                              That is awesome!

Comment

Originally posted by Les View Post
                                Congrats to Ya'll Les!

Comment

Working...
                                X