Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Needy family in search of affordable transmission repair in or around Terrell.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by RascalArms View Post
    I am going to try to help her get it away from the dealership and to a independent transmission shop about 4 miles away tomorrow. I hope it drives and we make it...guess it will have to be towed if not. Either way....Platinum won't be doing any repairs that's for sure.

I will circle back when we get a more realistic repair quote and go from there. Thanks in advance for any help.
    I'm not sure if a GoFund account is the best way to go. 🤔
    If there is a U Haul nearby you could grab one of their dolly trailers. Might be cheaper than a tow. Either way I'd cover the cost of get cost of getting it there. Message me when you find out.

Comment

If they have insurance they may have "towing" coverage if it is not drive-able.

Comment

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Let us know what ends up happening and lets us know if you have a venmo or something. Ill help out.

Comment

I live in Forney. Just West of Terrell. I can only recommend Woods here in Forney. Have used them in the past and they have been honest with me every time I’ve taken a vehicle in.

Worth giving them a call to see what they say at least.

Comment

I can spare some coin for this as well. God teaches us great get to our brother when in need.

Comment

Comment

I will be happy to contribute too

Comment

I too will donate.

Comment

Thanks so much fellas....I appreciate you all more than you know. We will get this family taken care of or at least lessen the burden somewhat.

I am about to head up to the dealership and figure out what the recall situation is and chastise them a bit!
                      We will then take the van to Trans Pro in Terrell and figure out what they can do for us. I'll get a quote and post it here and we can go from there.

Thanks again Amigos!!!!
                      Last edited by RascalArms; 08-03-2022, 08:17 AM.

Comment

Ok fellas...UPDATE UPDATE UPDATE!

Well I'm still in shock to be honest!! And NO I don't need bail money, even though Perow sent a text offering to help if I did! Thanks Spencer!

When we got to the dealership I asked the service manager to review the quote with me. See attached.
                        I lit into him pretty good and expressed how disappointed I was with the close to $6,000 in parts and more than $1,800 in labor quote!! How on earth can someone, regardless of their situation, be ok with that kind of estimate? Let alone a family that is in the situation that this one is in?
                        He said that due to the situation he was sure that he would be able to offer some "assistance" and probably be able to get it down.
                        I was ticked and said that even if that assistance knocked half the price off that they still can't afford $4k. I just told him to bring the van around and give us the keys that we were taking it down the road to Trans Pro.

He asked us to give him a minute to talk to his GM.

Come to find out the vehicle had just barely exceeded the mileage warranty and the GM was willing to go to bat for this family. He agreed to complete all repairs for $1,000 deductible...PERIOD!

WHAT A BLESSING! God is good and I'm still in shock of how this played out. I won't mention names but KUDOS to the service manager and GM at Platinum Dodge in Terrell Tx!! It's great to see a company support their community like this.
                        I still want to help this family out to offset some of that $1k because they don't even have that. There is still a need.

I am going to PM my wife's Venmo information to everyone on the thread that offered to help out with a contribution. Because of the reduction please DO NOT feel obligated, but if you still feel inclined to help out that would be very generous.

Thanks again everyone!

Comment

Awesome outcome. It's amazing the power a good old fashioned face to face conversation still has!

Comment

Good work Joel and you didn’t even need bail money.

Did you butter them up with your famous apple shine?

Comment

Originally posted by perow View Post
                              Good work Joel and you didn’t even need bail money.

Did you butter them up with your famous apple shine?
                              You are a good man Spencer. I don't care what Julio says about you. Your contribution was JUST WOW!! Thank you sir.

Haha...no shine made an appearance.

Comment

It's nice when someone is given the opportunity to do the right thing, and they take it! Good on you for presenting that opportunity in the proper way.

Awaiting Venmo info...

Comment

Working...
                                X