Announcement

Collapse

TBH Maintenance

Ongoing TBH Website maintenance this evening. Your TBH visit may not be optimal during this service window.
See more
See less

Off-grid lighting ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Go retro and get you some oil lamps. Worked for Abe Lincoln.

Comment

Originally posted by FLASH_OUTDOORS View Post
      No link??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Old age moment.

12 hours in a gallon of gas.
      Last edited by Big pig; 08-06-2022, 07:59 AM.

Comment

Comment

Some of this deep cycle car battery advice is so 1990. Step up to lithium!

Energy ain’t free, just foot da bill and have it.

Comment

Originally posted by Big pig View Post
            https://www.homedepot.com/p/RYOBI-2-...2VNM/313551452

Old age moment.

12 hours in a gallon of gas.
            Thanks.

Will this run a small AC unit and a t.v. (at same time) ? Or better yet, how big of an ac unit will this run? BTU-wise.

Comment

Originally posted by 12ring View Post
              Thanks.

Will this run a small AC unit and a t.v. (at same time) ? Or better yet, how big of an ac unit will this run? BTU-wise.
              Keep in mind if you're maxing it out, it's gonna burn fuel at a much higher rate. I bet it'd start and run a small 5k btu unit though. I have one pretty close to the same size, got it to run my 10k roof unit once but after that it would go into overload when the compressor tried to kick on.

Comment

Originally posted by Voodoo View Post
                Some of this deep cycle car battery advice is so 1990. Step up to lithium!

Energy ain’t free, just foot da bill and have it.
                I'm saving up for a good sized lithium battery array and upgraded charging controller and more panels, but my 6 volt golf cart batteries gave up the ghost so right now at my cabin I've got the battery from a truck that rusted out and is no-wheel driving running two floodlights, all internal lighting, a refrigerator, charging gig batteries and spotlight batteries and such. I spend about 10 days here at a time, it'll run all that for 6 hours before the 50% light comes on, then I kick on the generator for a/c and go to bed. Two 100 watt Renogy panels fill it up by the time I'm logging off work for the day and turn off the a/c and go outside. Cheap and dirty but it's working great.

Comment

Originally posted by 12ring View Post
                  Thanks.

I’ve used a predator 2000w that ran the tv, 5k ac and a ref at the same time.

Comment

Go to the ryobi website. You can find lights, inverters, battery bank, generator, etc. I use their tools and the tools batteries for power outage situations.

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

Comment

pretty nifty little system here.

Comment

Ok, we've got the lil cabin foamed, interior solar lights (pull chain on/off), t.v (w/built in blu-ray player), couch, love seat, 3 beds, small table, outdoor solar lights, portable ac/heater, WEN 3800W inverter Gen - (thanks D-Mo), etc....

I read through several threads on digital tv antennas. Can someone spare me the trouble and just drop a link for the outdoor antenna I need to pick up some channels ? I'm about 25 miles from McAlester, if that matters. And on top of a big hill w/no trees around for several hundred yards (yes, we're gonna freeze- I know this).

Seeing them from $10 to $200. And y'all know me..... that $10 one looks ALLSOME.

Be cool to be able to turn on the local weather/news while there.

Thanks in advance.

D.

Comment

This is the one we're using at home and at fish camp. https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01MYMVPVX/

Comment

Candles

Comment

Originally posted by Bassdeer View Post
                              Originally posted by CentralTXHunter View Post
                              Yup. That’s them. There’s different “brands”, but they’re all the same thing made in the same factory in china.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                              These lights still working for you guys? Some reviews say they stop working after a couple months.

Comment

Bout a month?

Originally posted by RiverRat1 View Post
                                These lights still working for you guys? Some reviews say they stop working after a couple months.
                                Mine are but aint been out long. They are perfect for outside camp lights. Mine have a button u push "so many" times for diff operating scenarios but I lost the pprwrk to know what's what. They come on dim at sunset & brighter w motion. Fine by me.
                                Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20221006-101512_Gallery.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	79.7 KB
ID:	24695513

Comment

Working...
                                X