Off-grid lighting ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 12ring View Post
    This is what I's thinking. Plus put a solar charger on the battery.

Now I need a TV/DVD combo so Ethan can watch Old Henry and Young Guns over & over, lol.
    I believe you have mentioned all the stuff you need. A couple of thing you might consider are timer switches for the lights. That way someone doesn’t accidentally leave the lights on and drain the batteries. Headlamps that stay at the cabin are worth there weight in gold for scenarios like this and a better option than the battery operate light switches.

Comment

Coleman lanterns? That’s all we ever used.

Comment

Originally posted by CentralTXHunter View Post
        Good suggestions here so far. We also have some solar LED outdoor lights mounted to the side of our cabin and over the cleaning station. Got them off Amazon for like $35 a pair. You can change settings, but we have them where they are dim at night and if they detect motion they light up. Plenty dang bright.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Have a link to these amazon lights?

Comment

LED walkway lights. Sit them outside during the day and bring them in at sunset. The good ones will stay lit all night.

Comment

Originally posted by Bassdeer View Post

Yup. That’s them. There’s different “brands”, but they’re all the same thing made in the same factory in china.

Comment

My camps for last 30 Yrs didn’t have power.
              This little jewel will run all night on a gallon of gas
              Really quiet, light and can charge your phones/computers
              Best piece of deer lease equipment I ever bought.

BTW I am not associated with Ryobi.

Comment

My uncle had a place in the Davis mountains that he had wire 12v. He'd pull his jeep up to the breaker box and hook the cabin to the jeep. Jeep had 2 batteries. I imagine you could do the same thing with a couple of marine batteries and a solar charger.

Comment

Might look into putting sky lights in or a few clear roofing sheets.

Comment

Originally posted by Big pig View Post
                    My camps for last 30 Yrs didn’t have power.
                    This little jewel will run all night on a gallon of gas
                    Really quiet, light and can charge your phones/computers
                    Best piece of deer lease equipment I ever bought.

BTW I am not associated with Ryobi.

No link??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Deep Cycle + inverter + charge controller and solar panels are the best way to go. I've been running our camp this way for 10 years and it's been hassle free.

Do yourself a favor and gutter your buildings and harvest the rain water. I have two IBC tanks for this. One catch tank and one hold tank.

Ecotemp and 12V rv water pump for the shower.

I can run my whole camp off of the battery except for the AC when it's hot.
                      I run an 8,000 btu window unit off of 2 honda 2000s that are hooked up in parallel.
                      The small hondas are a lot easier to move around which is handy if you need them somewhere on the place.

Comment

I concur

Originally posted by FLASH_OUTDOORS View Post
                        No link??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
                        Ryobi, what?

Comment

How much are you wanting to spend, or how fancy you wanna get I guess would be a better question. You can get RV style LED lights with the switches built in for single or double light on Amazon for $12. They hardly use any juice so put several of them wherever you need them. Renogy 100 watt solar starter kit for $129 I think, and use an old car battery that's still got a little life.. Lots of options to go up from there. Throw in a small $30 inverter and you can run other small 120 stuff and charge phones.
                          Last edited by justletmein; 08-05-2022, 11:03 PM.

Comment

Not wanting to spend a ton. We have propane for heat and a percolator for coffee.
                            Don't want to run a gen just for lights but we will run one for ac and a TV so the kids can watch a movie.
                            Phone charging can be done by truck.

Those solar lights posted above will be ordered soon for outside.

Comment

Originally posted by CentralTXHunter View Post
                              Good suggestions here so far. We also have some solar LED outdoor lights mounted to the side of our cabin and over the cleaning station. Got them off Amazon for like $35 a pair. You can change settings, but we have them where they are dim at night and if they detect motion they light up. Plenty dang bright.

I have used the Walmart version of this light for feeder lights when hog hunting . They seemed to work great for that but didn’t stay on long after movement stopped.

Comment

Working...
                              X