No announcement yet.

Middle of North Texas Annual Thread.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Took some of my grandkids out to the lease for a little fishing. Good times.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Geezy Rider View Post
      Took some of my grandkids out to the lease for a little fishing. Good times.

That looks like an awesome crew there Geoffrey! I never tried fishing at our lease. I have no idea if we have any fish.

Comment

Originally posted by Ryan81 View Post
        Body, horns or both?

Itching to get back to Jack County as we haven’t been since turkey season. Hoping this ain’t our last year on it but we’ll enjoy it like it is.

bodies are in good shape, antlers are not as good

Comment

Originally posted by Abcdj View Post
          That looks like an awesome crew there Geoffrey! I never tried fishing at our lease. I have no idea if we have any fish.
          Thank you sir. That’s just six out of the ten grandkids I’ve got. Tank fishing out at the lease is always a great time for the kids and they get a great introduction into what it’s like to catch, kill and eat their own food.

Comment

Loaded up and will be headed west at noon. Looking forward to seeing how the place looks, fill feeders and catch a few bass.

Comment

Got a few good ones on camera but we really need a downpour like the metroplex got. Tanks look horrible and food plots are gonna be out of the question without some rain.

Comment

Taking this Ttt. I guess all the animals have melted or left the area. Not many folks chiming in so far! Things should pick up next week when dove bird season starts.

We are all headed out next weekend to get feeders working and filled. Blinds fixed and cleaned out. The cow ear tag thing worked like a charm last year to keep wasp out of the blinds. We will clean up around camp and be ready to roll in October.

Comment

I always follow this thread, but do not hunt in this area.

Hunted the Matador WMA this past spring for turkey, and can't wait to get back!

Good luck to everyone, and prayers for a successful season!

Comment

Looking forward to the dove opener and checking camera cards next weekend.

Comment

I'm in! Close on a new place in Collin Co soon.

Comment

Originally posted by Abcdj View Post
                        Taking this Ttt. I guess all the animals have melted or left the area. Not many folks chiming in so far! Things should pick up next week when dove bird season starts.

We are all headed out next weekend to get feeders working and filled. Blinds fixed and cleaned out. The cow ear tag thing worked like a charm last year to keep wasp out of the blinds. We will clean up around camp and be ready to roll in October.
                        Forgot the cow ear tag, wanna try! What was it exactly?

ac

Comment

Was headed out tomorrow AM for dove (none there) and blind/feeder work but 3" of rain is gonna make for a postponement. Don't wanna be hauling a load in on those roads just yet but darn thankful for the rain these last 10 days or so! Hallelujah

Deer look healthy but I have yet to see any good horns on cam. Saw two nice bachelor groups last weekend and there was a few nice deer included. 10-12 bucks between both groups.

Fawn crop poor, hearing 5-10% around the area but I saw a couple in a quick loop around the place. Seeing two on one cam regularly and mommas look healthy.

Bucks still in full velvet and just waiting to see something special come across. Gonna have some brittle bucks breaking tines come November. Hope it's a memorable season for all!

ac

Comment

Went out this weekend to dove hunt, fill feeders, and pull camera cards. Two of of three activities were a success. Feeders got filled. Camera cards got pulled. Not so much dove hunting. I took two shots. I slept in this morning, naturally the hunters limited out. Oh well, i'll trade the sleep for some doves. At least i didn't have to clean birds. Pics below are some of the highlights of the card pulls. The little freak has us excited over what might be in 4 or 5 years. Time will tell the tale.
                            Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Adgerc15 View Post
                              Forgot the cow ear tag, wanna try! What was it exactly?

ac
                              Buy some insect repelant ear tags and hang them in your blinds. They kept our wasp out.

Comment

Originally posted by mikemorvan View Post
                                Went out this weekend to dove hunt, fill feeders, and pull camera cards. Two of of three activities were a success. Feeders got filled. Camera cards got pulled. Not so much dove hunting. I took two shots. I slept in this morning, naturally the hunters limited out. Oh well, i'll trade the sleep for some doves. At least i didn't have to clean birds. Pics below are some of the highlights of the card pulls. The little freak has us excited over what might be in 4 or 5 years. Time will tell the tale.
                                Very nice Mike. That young one has a bunch of trash on his brows.

Comment

Working...
                                X