Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Three Amigos or Stoogies maybe lol ��
    GOT IT DONE!
    Congrats fellas, Mom, Grandpa and Dad..Well done!

Comment

Congrats Easton! Dang, that boy is growing up Codie!!!

Comment

Yesterday we walked around for 30 minutes in a 250x800 yard thick area we never go in. Last time I was in there was about 10 years ago. Here's what we came out with.

Sent from my SM-A526U using Tapatalk

Comment

That’s a great deer Codie! Congrats to the young fella!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Originally posted by Abcdj View Post
            Yesterday we walked around for 30 minutes in a 250x800 yard thick area we never go in. Last time I was in there was about 10 years ago. Here's what we came out with.

That is awesome! Nice finds!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

G man got it done. He waited it out for a good 8. Another spoiled munchkin.

Comment

Waydago G Man. Great job David.

Comment

Originally posted by Codie View Post
                  I had the opportunity to take my boys to hunt the same ranch I grew up hunting on the day before Thanksgiving and again on New Years Eve. 9,000 acres in Shackleford Cnty with 0 Feeders/Blinds ( and unfortunately not a single wheat field planted this year). We rattled up around a dozen bucks the day before Thanksgiving, with one of them being a 19”-20” 9pt that I would have loved for one of them to get a shot at, but the boy with the rifle wasn’t in a position to see him, more less shoot him. Couple of other really nice young bucks and an awesome 8pt with long brows screaming into less than 30 yards made their first rattling experience a complete success. No shots were fired, so we came back on New Years Eve for a second shot. MUCH tougher Hunt because rattling wasn’t going to be so productive and none of the wheat fields were planted so no concentrated food source for the wildlife. As the sun came up we decided to get the sun behind our back and work our way slowly through the Clear Fork of the Brazos River bottom towards the Clear Fork of the Brazos because the neighboring ranch across the river has a couple hundred acre wheat field planted. My thought was that we would catch them heading back to their bedding areas from the wheat field with the sun in their eyes and get eyes on a shooter before he got eyes on us. We made it through the River bottom to the Clear Fork frustrated because all we had seen was large groups of Turkey Toms. We decided to hold up and stay still for a few minutes and see if we saw anything moving and within 5 minutes up pops a great 3yr old 9pt out of one of the dry Creek beds that feed off of the River. It got us all excited to FINALLY see a deer for the morning, albeit within 300 yards of where we had rattled up 6 bucks at one time a month earlier. As the 9pt made his way up and off into the mesquite flat, we caught additional movement coming up out of the creek bed. As soon as I threw my binoculars up and saw 3 long tines on the right and a much more blocky body than the first buck I said “that is a shooter - get over to the fence and use it as a rest”. They were not aware of us, so as they moved forward, we had to move forward to try to find an opening too shoot through once they stopped. About the time they hit a decent opening they spotted us and froze. It was too late my oldest son Easton already had the rifle off safety and settled on his shoulder. The 25.06 sounded and so did the bullet hammering him in the shoulder. He made it around 20 yards before expiring and Easton now had his best free ranging buck to date. He ended up taping out at 139”. Tailgate pics for Dale
                  [ATTACH]1114532[/ATTACH]
                  [ATTACH]1114533[/ATTACH]
                  Man, that is a pretty buck, congrats!!

Comment

G man got it done. He waited it out for a good 8. Another spoiled munchkin.

Great buck, way to go!!

Comment

Forgot to update, last weekend went to Hardeman County with a buddy on doe patrol. We normally see no joke 30-50 does on this wheat field.... and no bucks. Well this time we saw 9 young bucks and 2 does with 1 of them taking a ride home with us in the cooler. Talked to several other locals and they are saying the same thing. Warm weather and feeders not working properly didn't help our cause either. Gonna get back in a stand this weekend and hope to knock out a MLD tag or 2 and put a doe in the freezer, deer are skittish might have to break out the boomstick.

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	B2487FD9-9F54-490B-B296-0D424F2170B7.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	194.2 KB
ID:	24701794
                        Click image for larger version

Name:	F053EB47-C820-4F01-953F-797799414A53.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	193.4 KB
ID:	24701795[/QUOTE]

Beautiful Buck Congratulations!

Comment

Well folks that is a wrap on this season. Wasn't a whole lot of big bucks this year. Hoping for timely rains, more rains and better conditions in 2023!

Comment

Well folks that is a wrap on this season. Wasn't a whole lot of big bucks this year. Hoping for timely rains, more rains and better conditions in 2023!
                            Amen brother!

ac

Comment

Been taking a little break from leases after the dust settled from the La Escalera selling and us moving off, but would like to get back in Baylor County if at all possible.

Tried one season further west but the deer density was very low compared to Baylor county. Just got very spoiled to what we had. LOL.

If anyone hears of any leases with openings in Baylor County please keep me in mind. I am still friends with several guys in our group and I know we have all been looking. Hard to find up there.

Comment

Working...
                              X