No announcement yet.

How long to double your salary?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I didn’t make a whole lot at my first post college job but I did one heck of a lot of free hunting and fishing. In that respect I may still be trying to break even!

Comment

I left East Tx in 81’ fast forward, I moved back in 2015 after retirement. My true calling was to be an east tx bum. I have this career down to a fine art and it didn’t take learn to perfect it.

Comment

I started out sacking groceries @2.20 an hour in 1975. The harder I worked, the luckier I got.

Comment

In 1979 I start driving a W900 KW pulling a flatbed trailer at $5.20 an hour. So it did not take long to double that salary.

Comment

Times have changed a lot since I got out of college in 1984 and the job I started with then at $17,500 starts today at probably $50,000. But everything is relative and the cost of living is a lot higher today.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Comment

I'll tell you when I get there... made it to like 1.85x in year 6 but then took a 40% pay cut to keep the job during Rona.... Just left a job after 6 years due to lack of forward movement and selling product that is incomplete. I will say the company I am with now I could realistically tripple my old income in 12 months

Comment

Originally posted by 30-30 View Post
                Just a career question. For those who have made it there, how many years into your career did it take to double your salary from your first professional job? This could mean first salaried job post-college, post-trade school/apprenticeship, etc. Or hourly equivalent. Your first “real” job. I know that line is drawn differently for everyone and for every industry.

5 years or less? 10? 20+?

3 or 4 years the first time. 8 years the second time and 6 years the third.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

10’years for me

Comment

Not long. I started in 1998 with a 25K salary. I am sales so on commission and it did not take long to get over $50K. Maybe a year. Now, just salary and no other income, I think it took 5 years or so to get over the 50K salary mark but at that point, salary just a small part of my income.

Comment

About 7 years from my first decently paying job that paid a good living wage.

Comment

Originally posted by TxDispatcher View Post
                        You were a mule…don’t lie jk [emoji1]

I’m guessing pron star.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

3 years in, Doubled first salary
                          8 years later at second company more than doubled that salary - recently went from Tech to PM - we’ve been blessed thank the good lord.

Comment

Working...
                          X