Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pepper spray.

Comment

After cats kept turning my kids sandbox into a litter box, I keep a live trap set and baited in my backyard. Lots less cats around my neighborhood now.

To answer your question, I'm not sure anything will really deter it. Relocating it is probably the only effective option.

Comment

Get a live trap and show it to the old lady. Tell her clearly that if her cats get caught in it, they will go straight to animal control in the city. Tell her up front that you're done being nice. Next time if she wants her cat back, she'll have to "go downtown"...
        I'd also complain regularly and loudly to the apartment management that the cast are creating a health hazard in your apartment... Call them morning, noon and night EVERT time one is seen on your patio... "Squeaky wheel gets the grease"... sort of applies here... Become more of a PITA to the old lady and apartment management than the cats are to you. They see that it is taken care of one way or the other...

Comment

When I moved into our neighborhood, had countless skunks--have trapped over 30 thru the years. Mostly due to neighbors leaving dog/cat food outside for their pets. I have finally "educated" most of them and now have only 3 roaming cats. I had a great idea but haven't been able to try it yet---trap one, pour skunk scent on it and turn it loose, hoping it will go home, get in the house, and get up on the owner's bed and roll/rub all over it.

Generally when I trap one though, it gets taken to the pasture.

Comment

The complex doesn’t have rules or limits to the amount of pets you can have?

Air soft might work well. That or a suppressed 22!

Comment

SSScat motion activated air sprayer
              Attached Files

Comment

Any way you can run a hot wire around the patio?

Comment

cucumber
                  sticky traps

Comment

Originally posted by Scrub Buck View Post
                    They have got the water treatment countless times. They run like crazy when they hear me sliding the door.
                    My neighbors cat was a pain until I trapped it in a Hav a Hart trap with tuna fish as bait. I sprayed it with a water hose for 30 minutes and when I sprung the trap that cat never came close to us again.

Comment

Originally posted by dustoffer View Post
                      When I moved into our neighborhood, had countless skunks--have trapped over 30 thru the years. Mostly due to neighbors leaving dog/cat food outside for their pets. I have finally "educated" most of them and now have only 3 roaming cats. I had a great idea but haven't been able to try it yet---trap one, pour skunk scent on it and turn it loose, hoping it will go home, get in the house, and get up on the owner's bed and roll/rub all over it.

Generally when I trap one though, it gets taken to the pasture.

We need a live thread of this!

Comment

Originally posted by kerrbow View Post
                        My neighbors cat was a pain until I trapped it in a Hav a Hart trap with tuna fish as bait. I sprayed it with a water hose for 30 minutes and when I sprung the trap that cat never came close to us again.
                        Good plan!

Comment

Cat deterrent

I can’t get the image of those cats running home covered in glue traps out of my head!

I’d tie some fishing line to the traps also, and tie some rubber snakes to the other end.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I bet a can of tuna with three spoons of golden maldrin in it would scare them away.

Comment

I have a buddy who had a similar problem in college. Neighbor's cat was always getting in his trash he'd set out on his porch. So....he trapped the cat and held it hostage. Meanwhile, he drove home and killed one of the many feral barn cats on his parents place. He skinned that cat, drove back to Huntsville and hung it from his neighbor's door. Of course she thought he'd skinned her cat and freaked the hell out. Police got involved. Charges were filed. His parents were pizzed. It was a big deal. Also, one of the all-time best pranks ever played on a cat lady, who eventually got her cat back.

Comment

Originally posted by SaltwaterSlick View Post
                                Get a live trap and show it to the old lady. Tell her clearly that if her cats get caught in it, they will go straight to animal control in the city. Tell her up front that you're done being nice. Next time if she wants her cat back, she'll have to "go downtown"...
                                I'd also complain regularly and loudly to the apartment management that the cast are creating a health hazard in your apartment... Call them morning, noon and night EVERT time one is seen on your patio... "Squeaky wheel gets the grease"... sort of applies here... Become more of a PITA to the old lady and apartment management than the cats are to you. They see that it is taken care of one way or the other...
                                This. Just say your allergic to cats. Also heard wasp spray works.

Comment

Working...
                                X