Announcement

Collapse

TBH Maintenance

Ongoing TBH Website maintenance this evening. Your TBH visit may not be optimal during this service window.
See more
See less

Torn Meniscus

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just had mine done 11 weeks ago. Dr said I can go back to lifting bags of dirt for my wife at 3 months. Should get the first injection of lube late this week. Slower recovery due to age. Do the PT! I can feel the difference when I skip a day.

Comment

Originally posted by HuntForHorns View Post
      Did all of you that had surgery have to go completely under anesthesia or did you you get away with an epidural or local?
      Out cold

Comment

Had mine done two years ago. Completely put under. Doc had me walking with crutches within 30 minutes. Recovery was not bad at all. I am still careful to this day to not jump out trucks or off trailers.

Comment

Snow skiing in 2017. Tore everything in my left knee bad. Had to do cadaver ACL and cadaver meniscus replacement. ACL was a breeze. Meniscus replacement sucked. Had to stay off of it for 6 weeks and in a straight brace that whole time. My understanding is total replacement you can’t put weight on until “it takes”. That was a long six weeks. Since then not too bad but you can just tell it’s not 100% but I don’t guess anything I got will ever be like it was 20yrs ago. [emoji846]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Don't do it imo but what do I know

Comment

Originally posted by HuntForHorns View Post
              Did all of you that had surgery have to go completely under anesthesia or did you you get away with an epidural or local?

Completely under for both. The walked out the same day. The worst of it was having the wife drive me home. Asked them to send me home next time completely out. Scares the s*** out of me.

Comment

Originally posted by tazhunter0 View Post
                Completely under for both. The walked out the same day. The worst of it was having the wife drive me home. Asked them to send me home next time completely out. Scares the s*** out of me.
                Thats so true. I drive better drunk than mine sober

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                X