New images from space

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Dale Moser View Post
    Dave Chapelle wishes he could write material this good!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Like a guy who parted the sea??? LOL You do you.

Comment

Originally posted by Hunting4fun View Post
      Like a guy who parted the sea??? LOL You do you.

You’re comparing a faith based religion, to actual proven facts.

If flat earth bull**** is you, stop doing you, and do something else.

Comment

Originally posted by Dale Moser View Post
        You’re comparing a faith based religion, to actual proven facts.

If flat earth bull**** is you, stop doing you, and do something else.

Ignorance at it's finest. This is the definition of faith.

"strong belief in God or in the doctrines of a religion, based on spiritual apprehension rather than proof."

Maybe you need to take a knee on this one.

Comment

Ignorance at it's finest. This is the definition of faith.

"strong belief in God or in the doctrines of a religion, based on spiritual apprehension rather than proof."

Maybe you need to take a knee on this one.
          Okay, serious question: What does ‘faith’ have to do with the shape of the earth? Plenty of the scientists that have proven the shape of the earth and the order of the cosmos don’t believe in God. Many of those folks only believe in science.

Comment

Originally posted by mikemorvan View Post
            Okay, serious question: What does ‘faith’ have to do with the shape of the earth? Plenty of the scientists that have proven the shape of the earth and the order of the cosmos don’t believe in God. Many of those folks only believe in science.
            I never ever said the idea of faith has anything to do with the shape of the earth. One user here brought "faith" into the conversation and I simply reminded him that faith doesn't have anything to do with it. You can't use "faith" on either side of the conversation.

Comment

I never ever said the idea of faith has anything to do with the shape of the earth. One user here brought "faith" into the conversation and I simply reminded him that faith doesn't have anything to do with it. You can't use "faith" on either side of the conversation.

But it can be proven hundreds of different ways that the earth is round, yet you choose to believe differently.

Take a knee? This is hilarious!

Comment

Originally posted by rtp View Post
                Anyone know if these photos are color enhanced or are those true images?

The originals are not in the visible spectrum, so yes, they have to be.

Comment

Originally posted by Kevin View Post
                  The originals are not in the visible spectrum, so yes, they have to be.

Thanks. That’s what I was thinking I had read years ago about images from the Hubble.

Comment

Boy Howdy, I just found out I live on a Frisbee.

Comment

Originally posted by Chew View Post
                      [ATTACH]1095034[/ATTACH]

LMAO. This is absolutely true.

Comment

Originally posted by DaBears View Post
                        You've obviously never lived in Lubbock. Stay there a few years and you will know for certain that the earth is flat (especially on the day it rains and water has nowhere to go) and that air is some shade of brown.
                        Bahahaha!

Comment

Originally posted by AZ&F'sDaddy View Post
                          What I said was that the Bible doesn't read like there are other, physical, embodied species somewhere out there in the universe with whom God has a relationship. The Bible reads like the only life God has is the life that he has with Earth-bound Humans. Nothing in what I said indicated that I believe there are limits to God's power or ability. I simply said that the Bible doesn't read like there are other, non-human, ensouled (I created a new word there) creatures for whom God is working out salvation. As the Bible reads, the only life God has is the life that he has with Humans. (Contrast that with, say, Allah, who, apparently does have a life - or lives - with other creatures in other dimensions). I, too, believe that God is omnipotent; even though there isn't a verse that says that.
                          If there are other embodied, ensouled creatures in the universe (that God would have been the creator of), and if they are free-willed, and if His end-goal for them is everlasting, glorious Life, then He would have to deal with the issue of Sin for them, just as with us. The only way for Him to do that would be to go to those creatures as one of them - "in the likeness of sinful (Martian) flesh" - living and dying as one of them; and then being resurrected and embodied as one of them, everlastingly living with them as that embodied, glorified Martian (or whatever). That is how it is being worked out for us Humans. It would have to be the same for the Martians. That scenario creates all sorts of problems. For example, what would be done with "...that he gave his only begotten Son..."? The Jesus being spoken of in Colossians 1 is the once-dead, now-resurrected, glorified, embodied, Human Jesus: God's only Biblically-recorded plan from before He created anything.

It's true that we don't understand all of God's ways. But it's not true that we don't understand any of His ways. He has explained some of His ways to us. The Book of Revelation was written to First Century Believers with the intended purpose of their understanding. So whatever the visions of Revelation are about, God's (and John's) assumption was that those First Century Believers would understand them. (I'm happy to talk about Revelation. But that's a whole other topic.)

I think that Earth is the "Visited Planet" and no other. (Google The Visited Planet by JB Phillips) Pursue me further if you wish.
                          Interesting thoughts. You and I are both in agreement on the things that matter. Since random life on random planets dont really affect our salvation, all is well. Would be fun conversations to discuss with a mens group, but online sometimes my thoughts arent expressed the way i wanted. I didnt mean to come across self righteous or cross. I have looked at Phillips translations and read parts ofhis revelation book. Iron sharpens iron and thanks for the info.

Comment

Originally posted by mikemorvan View Post
                            Are these the same scientists that told us 60 years ago we'd should have all died 45 years ago due to global cooling? And like the ones that said the sea levels would be 40 feet high by 2010?

Or are they like the ones that told us the covid vaccine was 100% effective and saved millions of lives with zero side affects?

Or like the ones that carbon date rocks and each come up with totally different ages?

FTR I ain't saying the planet is flat. I just don't like people saying "because a scientist said so".

Comment

Originally posted by RiverRat1 View Post
                              Are these the same scientists that told us 60 years ago we'd should have all died 45 years ago due to global cooling? And like the ones that said the sea levels would be 40 feet high by 2010?

Or are they like the ones that told us the covid vaccine was 100% effective and saved millions of lives with zero side affects?

Or like the ones that carbon date rocks and each come up with totally different ages?

FTR I ain't saying the planet is flat. I just don't like people saying "because a scientist said so".
                              Those would be different scientists. Mike is likely referencing astronomers, astronauts, and astrophysicists.

You are referencing climatologists, oceanographers, biologists, physicists, and archaeologists.

Comment

Originally posted by WItoTX View Post
                                Those would be different scientists. Mike is likely referencing astronomers, astronauts, and astrophysicists.

You are referencing climatologists, oceanographers, biologists, physicists, and archaeologists.
                                Correct. So every single one that can be proven dead wrong has been proven dead wrong... So the ones in fields impossible to prove wrong must be correct?

Comment

Working...
                                X