The OPEN - 2022, The Old Course at St. Andrews

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Abcdj View Post
    It is a rule. Just gotta deal with it. They could adjust it.

I make and yes I have to make them hit 5 balls with 5 clubs out of old divots after they hit wedges and they are warmed up at the range.

Process 1. You have a bad lie
    2. Don't expect a great result
    3. Don't try to make a great shot
    4. Accept the result and mentally move on to the next shot
    or
    Be a mental midget and let it affect your next 2-3 shots.
    The Committee notes the wisdom of the Ol’ Golf Coach. Admittedly I am a latecomer to the Tiger Bandwagon but why hit it in the divot if this was not where he wanted to be?
    Hit it, find it and then hit it again.
    Heading to the beach and hope to see a little of The Open this weekend.

Comment

Originally posted by bugleboy View Post
      It’s not what they prefer of course, but I’ve seen a ton of them hit it perfectly out of a divot. Again, just my opinion, it shouldn’t matter for a professional golfer. The ball is struck first, if it’s picked cleanly, they should be able to control it.

What it’ll there’s sand in the divot? What if the ball is in the divot resting along the side of it? What if it’s all the way back where it’s impossible to hit the ball first without blading it? What if the divot is 2” deep?

I don’t care if they’re professionals or not. It’s too dang unpredictable of a lie. You watched arguably the greatest golfer of all time chunk one into the water yesterday and you still want to argue that the lie doesn’t matter? Horrible take on the dumbest rule in golf.

You shouldn’t be penalized for hitting it in the fairway like you’re supposed to.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Cam Smith is lighting it up. -8 throiugh 14 after an eagle on the par 5.

Comment

It is a rule. Just gotta deal with it. They could adjust it.

I make and yes I have to make them hit 5 balls with 5 clubs out of old divots after they hit wedges and they are warmed up at the range.

Process 1. You have a bad lie
          2. Don't expect a great result
          3. Don't try to make a great shot
          4. Accept the result and mentally move on to the next shot
          or
          Be a mental midget and let it affect your next 2-3 shots.

Affect the next 2-3 shots?!?! I hold onto that $&@% for the next 8-9 HOLES! [emoji23]

Comment

Originally posted by El General View Post
            Cam Smith is lighting it up. -8 throiugh 14 after an eagle on the par 5.
            Mr Young is close...

Comment

Shaping up to be an exciting weekend, that's for sure.

Comment

Originally posted by rtp View Post
                Stop calling me names.

[emoji23]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                Hahahaha... I 've seen you play. Your a stick physically and mental Giant on the links.

Comment

Originally posted by nursejenn View Post
                  Affect the next 2-3 shots?!?! I hold onto that $&@% for the next 8-9 HOLES! [emoji23]
                  Girl...Most folks do Kinda like driving. Stare in the rear view mirror to much and ya crash! Need to be focused on the wind shield and what's coming up next.

Glad to hear you and the your crew are golfing again. I heard they closed Ennis CC down? Y'all play at the Brickyard? I would join ya sometime but I don't even know where my clubs are.

Comment

Looks like I'll be rooting for Fitzy making a charge to have a chance at taking this thing down!

Comment

Girl...Most folks do Kinda like driving. Stare in the rear view mirror to much and ya crash! Need to be focused on the wind shield and what's coming up next.

Glad to hear you and the your crew are golfing again. I heard they closed Ennis CC down? Y'all play at the Brickyard? I would join ya sometime but I don't even know where my clubs are.
                      We play at Brickyard quite often, sometimes even just a quick 9 (or as many as we can play) in the evenings after work (during summer that it). We try to move around and play new places as well but Brickyard is close and convenient for a "quick" round. We played the "new course" at White Bluffs in Whitney yesterday. That course is quite humbling.

Dig out your clubs and come on. As long as you don't mind playing with people who are very much WORSE than you are!
                      Last edited by nursejenn; 07-15-2022, 03:37 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by nursejenn View Post
                        We play at Brickyard quite often, sometimes even just a quick 9 (or as many as we can play) in the evenings after work (during summer that it). We try to move around and play new places as well but Brickyard is close and convenient for a "quick" round. We played the "new course" at White Bluffs in Whitney yesterday. That course is quite humbling.

Dig out your clubs and come on. As long as you don't mind playing with people who are very much WORSE than you are!
                        Hah...I chip and putt with them at practice. I have played 4-5 times in the past 3-4 years. Those were benefit scrambles and such. I would be lucky to break 100 on my own.

Comment

Wonder how he would have played if he could have stayed mentally & physically healthy through his later career...I remember his first TV appearance as a squirt brain on Johnny Carson w/ his dad.

Last chapter closed I reckon.

Comment

Originally posted by Artos View Post
                            Wonder how he would have played if he could have stayed mentally & physically healthy through his later career...I remember his first TV appearance as a squirt brain on Johnny Carson w/ his dad.

Last chapter closed I reckon.

https://mobile.twitter.com/PapiTrump...93705592049664
                            No, He was just acknowledging the fans. They give past champions exemption until they are 60, then it's over. He realizes he may not be back at the Old Course before he retires,

Comment

Kisner is off to a hot start this morning, -6 through 8.

Lots of golf left!

Comment

Originally posted by PYBUCK View Post
                                No, He was just acknowledging the fans. They give past champions exemption until they are 60, then it's over. He realizes he may not be back at the Old Course before he retires,
                                What I meant was any future major win is not in the chips...back when he was on top he was one of those players I was thinking could still be a contender into his later years against new talent. He took good care of himself physically & then his life went off the rails with a combo of injuries, accidents & personal life wrecked all the where would he really be today. It's a bummer whether you rooted for him or not as he always brought excitement when running at the top of the board.

Comment

Working...
                                X