Cellular Feeder

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cellular Feeder

A couple years ago we went from hand corning several spots to feeders. Goal was to cut back on the number of trips in and out. What we've accomplished is attracting hogs to each and every feeder. We've also managed to reduce the number of deer sightings in the same areas. I know I can put hog panels around the feeders but really don't want to. It seemed when we were hand corning we saw more and better deer and very few hogs. I know they make remote control feeders but you have to be pretty close to the feeder for them to work. Here's my plan, I'd like to have a feeder with a "cellular receiver" I can remotely turn on and off. Put some corn on the ground a couple days before I'm heading to the woods. Any such thing out there either specifically made for a feeder or a combination of parts I can adapt?

Not sure
    Great idea.
    I know there's been some DIY cellular trap gates on here.
    Wondering if something like that could be modified to trigger a feeder

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk

Comment

That’s something I’ve brainstormed on and think there are other valuable attributes to having a cellular feeder. Unfortunately, I don’t know enough about that to make it happen.

Comment

Great idea now go make some money!!

Comment

That is an excellent idea.

I’ve not heard of this type of feeder. If you invent it, put me down for one.

Comment

Great idea

Comment

It’s a great idea for sure.

I honestly can’t give you any advice but if I were to try something like this, I’d look into how cellular gates for hog traps work. I would think that if there’s a way to use cellular service to operate something like that, there’d have to be a way to adapt that in order to trigger a feeder motor.

Comment

You can get relatively cheap timers that you can program to feed as little as once a week. Maybe just set it to throw on Friday only.

Comment

As close as you’re gonna get.

All Season Feeders' FeedSync app allows you to connect to any feeder that has the receiver installed. Control your feeding from the palm of your hand!

Comment

Great idea OP.

I’m not aware of any Cellular operated feeders on the market.

I did speak with this guy years ago and he has the best long range system I’ve seen so far.

Comment

Cellular Feeder

My Spartan has a “video” on off function so thats a cellular switch. Now just locate that switch on the circuit board and wire it to you feeder remote. Good luck…. Lol

Very good idea. My property is the same where if I put down corn the deer are on it in less than 24 hours. If I run a feeder the hogs hit it like clockwork. Im convinced they listen for feeders and play the odds no one will be there

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

If you need help let me know. I can help you build a controller that you can determine each time from your phone how long you want your feeder motor (12 volt) to run. All you need is the correct gsm controller and either get AT&T or TMobile service.

Look under the DIY section at the cellular hog trap I built to close my gate. I enter a 1 sec run time to drop my gate. I easily could put 10 seconds and run the feeder for 10 seconds. The relays on the gsm relay come with are 30 amps so you have plenty of size to run the motor.
                        Last edited by kp143631; 07-03-2022, 09:57 PM.

Comment

Not answering your question but you might try feeding morning only. Corn is all gone before pigs show up that evening.

Comment

Great idea. I think I'll patent it.

Just kidding.

A remote pig trap gate should be able to work somehow.

Comment

The ability to adjust feed times remotely would be a game changer. I've always wished I could feed extra heavy the week leading up to a trip.

Comment

Working...
                              X