No announcement yet.

Menard 2022/23 Season

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Congratulations, Heath. Looks like it's dry down your way as well. We really need rain three dry springs in a row doesn't make for very good antler growth, fawn crop or turkey hatch. I got a tenth in town yesterday evening.
    Adios,
    Gary

Comment

I had 1.2" last night, the most rain we have had in many months. Forecast for the next week looks pretty good so hopefully we can get a little moisture in the ground. I would also love to see a rise on the river to clean out some of the sediment.
      Rains are too late to greatly impact antler growth but might help with fawn survival rates.
      Adios,
      Gary

Comment

Ended up with 1.35" here, 1.5" 12 miles south of town, 1.3" 8 miles west on the river and 1.1" 30 miles NW of town.
        All and all, a really good start. Now let's pray that we get another rain event before the week is out.
        Adios,
        Gary

Comment

Man I know it was very dry out there and needs a lot more hopefully it keeps coming

Comment

Well, like you said, that's a start. It's going to take a lot more to put water in people's tanks. But it should help the grass a little.

Comment

Thanks for the report, Gary. Hope this is a sign of things to come.

Comment

For those of you headed out this weekend, know that the eastern side of the county got pounded with 2.75 inches early this morning (2-3am) and it started again as I was pulling out at 10: 30 a.m. We received 2 inches last Friday and the pasture was too wet to drive in before this latest round of heavy rain. Snakes are also out as I have killed 4 in two trips. I am west of Hext, south of 29.

Comment

Working...
                X