Announcement

Collapse

TBH Maintenance

Ongoing TBH Website maintenance this evening. Your TBH visit may not be optimal during this service window.
See more
See less

Sea Sickness

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TA_Fab View Post
    I’m going to try a patch next time. Weirdest thing, I grew up fishing offshore / deck hand on sport fishing boats and never got sick. Last year we went on our annual trip and was sick the entire time! Guess something about getting older.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It’s weird how that works.

I worked offshore and rode crew boats for about 2 years and never got sick. My dad did the same but about 20 years instead of my two.

We were in Florida for a week about 7 years ago and got bored so we went on one of those charters out of Destin. We both ate a good McDonald’s greasy biscuit before we got on the boat.

My dad was talking crap about me getting sick because my short time offshore and his *** looked like Shrek halfway into the trip[emoji23].

The seas were so bad most people were in cabin area and it was me a 6 to 8 other people still fishing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

I've been all over the world on ships n boats of all sizes and never had a problem... Even took a 5 day pounding from a Pacific Typhoon off the coast of Japan in a ship with a bent screw... and unloaded sitting high in the water taking on 35 degree rolls each direction... 70 degrees side to side for 3 of those 5 days... never got sick... Had an offshore boat for several years in the early 80's... One day a buddy of mine and I went to A1A for snapper... We had a greenhorn with us that I just KNEW was going to be chumming for us by the time we got hooked up to the rig (back then, there actually was a rig at A1A). We got tied off, and I set about rigging this greenhorn up and in about 30 seconds of sitting on a side bench looking into the proverbial tackle box, I was sick and chumming for an hour!! I couldn't believe it!! Had to unhook from the rig and go ride around a bit, then was OK... It can happen to ANYONE, ANYTIME!!

Comment

I spent three years at sea...
        loved every minute of it. The rougher, the better...
        The only time, I got light headed. Was when we were getting
        ready to off load, all the vehicles, in the tank deck. They were all
        running and charging their batteries.. I don't think I got sea sick..
        But good grief, I had a head ache for two days..

Comment

Originally posted by SabineHunter View Post
          Well, Walker, it is a mental thingee. Its called, psychophysiological. Look it up. Simply, mind over matter. Some people have it, some don't.
          Lol at mind over matter🤣

Comment

Working...
          X