No announcement yet.

Help Catch a Thief - Plano

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That's great, now fry their ***** to the fullest extent possible!!

Comment

Originally posted by BlackHogDown View Post
      Recovered from a lady in the acadia. Everything. Claimed ignorance saying she purchased from OfferUp. Pursuing the seller now. Thinking its someone I know very well.
      They should ask that lady what she bought and why she bought it. I bet she can't tell you the first thing about the equipment she supposedly bought. I know when I buy 20,000 dollar pieces of high tech equipment the first place I go is offer up and buy it from someone I don't know.

Sent from my LE2127 using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Gumbo Man View Post
        Awesome news and great job Agdog for the pictures.
        Literally couldn't have done it without him.

Comment

Glad you got it back OP.

Originally posted by Dale Moser View Post
          Glad to hear that. Send someone's *** to jail!

What was up with the GPS ping in the wrong spot?
          2X on this. In for the full story.

Comment

Originally posted by Hunting4fun View Post
            They should ask that lady what she bought and why she bought it. I bet she can't tell you the first thing about the equipment she supposedly bought. I know when I buy 20,000 dollar pieces of high tech equipment the first place I go is offer up and buy it from someone I don't know.

and ask her to show you the add and convo from purchase on Offer Up.

Comment

Was everything returned to you or will it be held for evidence pending possible charges?

Comment

Onboard for Part 2!

This thread has killed my productivity today, but worthwhile.

Comment

All info obtained by the lovely police lady is being forwarded (or the case is at least) so that we can pursue further. Extremely grateful to Lt Olson for going above/beyond when others couldnt seem to care less.

Comment

Originally posted by Gumbo Man View Post
                    Was everything returned to you or will it be held for evidence pending possible charges?
                    Returned to our man on-site after verifying he worked for us.

Comment

If that white hand held thing is the receiver try using body shadowing to get a direction. Hold it close to your body, stand in place and turn in a circle. See at what point the signal weakens or disappears. When the signal is the weakest the transmitting object is directly behind you. Make a note of that direction. Move 100' in a different direction and repeat the process. Where the to lines cross is the general area of your transmitting object.

Comment

Originally posted by Hunting4fun View Post

LE is equally as skeptical of her story. Just a matter of what we know and what we can prove.

Seems awful coincidental that it was stolen, sold, and in-use 5 hours away within 12 hours. She said it was purchased in Buffalo TX at a gas station overnight. I cant find any evidence on OfferUp of Falcon gear. Any directional drilling equipment, for that matter. Just hoping they dont tip off the rat we've seem to got.

Comment

Originally posted by bowhuntertex View Post
                          and ask her to show you the add and convo from purchase on Offer Up.

I’m speaking out of turn here but it sounds like she shared the listing and contact info. I have a feeling the 3 units are all about to get pinned on whoever is on the other side of that phone number.

Glad I could help, thought I screwed the deal at one point!!

Comment

Great job with the recovery! Good luck with step 2

Comment

Originally posted by Tbar View Post
                              If that white hand held thing is the receiver try using body shadowing to get a direction. Hold it close to your body, stand in place and turn in a circle. See at what point the signal weakens or disappears. When the signal is the weakest the transmitting object is directly behind you. Make a note of that direction. Move 100' in a different direction and repeat the process. Where the to lines cross is the general area of your transmitting object.
                              Gonna call you next time we've got an unlocated water line All was found.

Comment

Originally posted by Longhorn95 View Post
                                Onboard for Part 2!

This thread has killed my productivity today, but worthwhile.
                                Yours and mine too! Congrats OP. Part 2?

Comment

Working...
                                X