Graboski taxidermy CC

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by HELLRAZOR View Post
    He was supposed to show up for a meeting with 10-12 guys that took him to court and he was a no show last week.

I have my Wildebeest from 2018 and am trying ti get my cape and horns back and forget about the deposit (650) but it’s total bull ****! Talked to his wife about 3 months ago and now even she don’t answer calls.. webt by show and no one was there !

My buddy has 4 animals there also with a deposit of over 1500.00 and he also has no luck in contacting him…
    Heck, if you know where he lives, go camp out in his driveway for awhile

Comment

What sucks about the court stuff is I believe all a judge can do is place a judgement against him. What is and has happened is theft/criminal and the DA needs to get involved(my opinion). I was told 12-18 months for my wife's animal, its officially been 4 years and 2 months. That to me is proof enough that he has zero intention of completing my work and the lack of communication(nearly none) shows zero intention of returning my deposit.

Comment

Originally posted by rut-ro View Post
        What’s the hood up with all the supplies ? No trucks ? Petroleum issues? A lot of new taxis ? Just curious
        The 19/20 season was huge. No school and people were working remotely so they just went hunting everyday. Number of hunters all over the country went sky high. Tanneries closed or were understaff due to Covid restrictions. Then when they were back up and running people didn’t want to go to work. Now that the tanneries are back on line, the raw materials to make forms, eyes etc. are hard to get. It’s been a train wreck the last 18 months or so. Hopefully it’s going to get better but it’s still sucking right now.

Comment

Originally posted by Hills of Texas View Post
          The 19/20 season was huge. No school and people were working remotely so they just went hunting everyday. Number of hunters all over the country went sky high. Tanneries closed or were understaff due to Covid restrictions. Then when they were back up and running people didn’t want to go to work. Now that the tanneries are back on line, the raw materials to make forms, eyes etc. are hard to get. It’s been a train wreck the last 18 months or so. Hopefully it’s going to get better but it’s still sucking right now.
          I've got 4 mounts in the past 2 years for my boys, and they were done between 7 and 11 months from the time we dropped them off.

the last one was killed december 28th, and we picked it up june 6th.

I think it boils down to communication. if someone is told 18-24 months and it takes 25 months, that's understandable. If they're promised 12 months, and sitting at 4 years, it's simply not acceptable.

regarding the OP... I just recalled a story about that dude from years ago shooting the wrong deer on a place he was invited.... that was bad

Comment

Originally posted by kyle1974 View Post
            I've got 4 mounts in the past 2 years for my boys, and they were done between 7 and 11 months from the time we dropped them off.

the last one was killed december 28th, and we picked it up june 6th.

I think it boils down to communication. if someone is told 18-24 months and it takes 25 months, that's understandable. If they're promised 12 months, and sitting at 4 years, it's simply not acceptable.

regarding the OP... I just recalled a story about that dude from years ago shooting the wrong deer on a place he was invited.... that was bad
            Agreed 100x. I’m pretty patient with my taxidermist and we switch up which mounts get done first at times cuz I can be impatient on which I want back haha. But he says up front it takes awhile. I can wait a bit for a quality product I’ll look at for the rest of my life (God willing).

This dude not responding to folks and taking years? No bueno. He’d hear from me as often and in as many ways as possible until I got my stuff back.

Comment

Originally posted by stickman View Post
              What sucks about the court stuff is I believe all a judge can do is place a judgement against him. What is and has happened is theft/criminal and the DA needs to get involved(my opinion). I was told 12-18 months for my wife's animal, its officially been 4 years and 2 months. That to me is proof enough that he has zero intention of completing my work and the lack of communication(nearly none) shows zero intention of returning my deposit.
              Once the judgement is made, you can then take it as far as you want to go to collect payment. Liens, forfeits, seizures, etc... I have even heard of garnished wages happening. Getting the judgement that one party owes the other party is the first battle. The next is actually getting the $.

Comment

From Puro Pinche Facebook group.

10am Friday pickup of antlers/horns from his shop. All hides ruined.

Comment

If he possesses a commercial fishing license, sure would be nice to be able to somehow get that revoked.

Comment

If u need help getting head message me I might be able to help .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by marc.munoz31 View Post
                      From Puro Pinche Facebook group.

10am Friday pickup of antlers/horns from his shop. All hides ruined.

This is BS if people were waiting for years. Those hides had to have been tanned. I guess if wet tanned and not kept frozen they would have mildewed etc.
                      Any discussion of getting deposits back? I promise they have already been spent and no money exists. This guy turned out to be a real ****.
                      If anyone is in CC and needs help with a taxidermy matter, let me know and maybe I can help out a few.

Comment

Ttt let’s go Friday n get our trophies

Comment

Originally posted by Hills of Texas View Post
                          I didn’t think Covid was a thing until the spring of 2020?

Comment

Originally posted by Chance Love View Post
                            And if the tannery takes 8-10 months to tan the capes, then what? Does it still mean he took in more than he can handle? Or if he tells customers it’s gonna be over a year, does that mean he took in more than he can handle?
                            I can understand that Now but this was going on Before the plandemic. A long time before the plandemic.

Comment

Originally posted by Bowhunter1994 View Post
                              Ttt let’s go Friday n get our trophies

I’m gonna try to get there, if not my wife will be to get her animal if it’s even there.

Comment

Take your horns/antlers to Allen Palermo taxidermy when you get them back. He often has replacement capes, and you wont find a more honest and upfront taxidermist/businessman in the state that has his skill set.

Your grandkids will thank you when they inherit your trophies and his work.

Comment

Working...
                                X