2022 NCAA Baseball Postseason Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by unclefish View Post
    Thanks to you and cactusassjohn for the tips!

First time to the CWS....lucky enough to be going with my daughter who will be covering the game. Great way to spend father's day weekend!
    Take your daughter to Pioneer Courage Park, in downtown Omaha. It’s a fabulous display of story-telling statues. Also, the Omaha zoo is great. Walk across the Missouri River on the pedestrian bridge, from Omaha to Council Bluffs, Iowa. The bridge is a short walk from the ballpark. As mentioned, The Drover is a world class steak house. Y’all have fun!

Comment

2022 NCAA Baseball Postseason Thread

Only TWO National Seeds qualified for the CWS. TWO!

SIX teams went on the road and won a Super Regional.

Half the CWS Field didn’t even host a Regional.

Not to mention the last team into the field of 64 is headed to Omaha.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
      Last edited by Chad C; 06-14-2022, 12:16 PM.

Comment

You just never know this time of year. Ole Miss just barely got in the tournament, being one of the ‘last four teams in’. They go on the road to win the Miami regional, and then knock off #11 Southern Miss in the supers, shutting them out in both games of a sweep. It’s anyone’s championship to take at this point.

Comment

Originally posted by Dale Moser View Post
          Texas

NOT oklahoma
          NOT a&m
          NOT arky

everyone else....

Where’s your Notre Dame venom? Is that only in football?

The Texas rollercoaster ride has kept me glued. Hopefully the wild ride continues but going from number one to mid pack Big XII shows the volatility involved. It’s wide open.

Comment

Skip Bertman (and other coaches) have said the best team doesn't always win the CWS, it's the team that is the hottest and makes the fewest mistakes under pressure.

NOBODY ever heard about the Coastal Carolina Chanticleers before 2016. They averaged < 1,200 fans during home games and were completely under the radar. During post-season play, they went 6-0 in elimination games including losing Gm 1 of the CWS Finals to Arizona. Scrappy kids who played aggressive BB (bunts and steals) and had a never say die attitude. Proof that ANY team can win the CWS.

That being said, I have zero loyalty or affiliation with any team in the CWS. I'll be pulling for TREE

Comment

Originally posted by Legdog View Post
              Where’s your Notre Dame venom? Is that only in football?

The Texas rollercoaster ride has kept me glued. Hopefully the wild ride continues but going from number one to mid pack Big XII shows the volatility involved. It’s wide open.
              I guess you could tuck them in right under arky... They're just easier to ignore in baseball, outside of the abysmal unis.

Comment

Originally posted by sandbill View Post
                Take your daughter to Pioneer Courage Park, in downtown Omaha. It’s a fabulous display of story-telling statues. Also, the Omaha zoo is great. Walk across the Missouri River on the pedestrian bridge, from Omaha to Council Bluffs, Iowa. The bridge is a short walk from the ballpark. As mentioned, The Drover is a world class steak house. Y’all have fun!
                Thanks.

Comment

I guess you could tuck them in right under arky... They're just easier to ignore in baseball, outside of the abysmal unis.
                  In baseball Tree goes next, not ND. You got the first 3 right though.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Chad C View Post
                    Only TWO National Seeds qualified for the CWS. TWO!
                    SIX teams went on the road and won a Super Regional.
                    Half the CWS Field didn’t even host a Regional.
                    Not to mention the last team into the field of 64 is headed to Omaha.
                    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
                    This is what's great about a 64 team field. Not discounting the home field advantage of the host teams, once the field is set, every team has an equal chance at earning their trip. It no longer matters how good you were all year or who you played or what conference you played in.

Comment

I agree on the uniforms. They just suck. Not sure where they came from and don't really want to know..
                      Last edited by Jon Stewart; 06-14-2022, 05:31 PM.

Comment

Actually 4 national seeds made it but only two top 8.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Comment

I believe I am going to root for the following in the order listed:

Arkansas- no Arky
                          Auburn- and I hate Auburn
                          Ole Miss- and I hate-em
                          Chokelahoma
                          A&M
                          Whorns
                          But don't feel bad, below is worse.
                          Notre Dame
                          Stanford

Comment

Heading there with my son Thursday morning. Going to watch the horns. Will probably watch aggie and sooners shoot the horns down at each other during their game.

Comment

Originally posted by Razorback01 View Post
                              I believe I am going to root for the following in the order listed:

Arkansas- no Arky
                              Auburn- and I hate Auburn
                              Ole Miss- and I hate-em
                              Chokelahoma
                              A&M
                              Whorns
                              But don't feel bad, below is worse.
                              Notre Dame
                              Stanford

SEC homer alert!!

Comment

Originally posted by Smart View Post