• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Fmjag64 View Post
    Man this is tough. Who to pull for....

OU: Big 12 but it's Oklahoma...
    UT: Big 12 but it's UT...
    A&M: State pride but it's A&M...
    ND: Bc they knocked us and Tenn out but who cares about ND...

Guess I'll choose to keep it in the Lone Star State even tho hearing "it's our 38th trip" and RLB professing his SEC love, nonstop is going to be brutal. Good Luck to all. It's going to be a good one.

Who cares about Notre Dame? Tennessee does or did. They were the number one team in the nation all year, UNTIL they got beat by who cares about ND.! Not saying they will win but they have a freshman pitcher that is lights out.

Comment

Originally posted by Heath View Post
      The early game does allow you to do dinner though. The Drover is my CWS staple, but 801 Chophouse is home to one of the best meals I have ever eaten.

I miss Rosenblatt.
      welcome to all the teams !!,hook"em horns. check out cascio's steak house on 10th st. south of down town,also johnny's steakhouse on @24th and L st. ,cascio's will host the longhorns like they have forever. i miss rosenblatt also,the zoo owns that area now mostley a parking lot.

Comment

Originally posted by Jon Stewart View Post
        Who cares about Notre Dame? Tennessee does or did. They were the number one team in the nation all year, UNTIL they got beat by who cares about ND.! Not saying they will win but they have a freshman pitcher that is lights out.
        Oh ND is good. I know first hand from the ticket they punched for us (Tech) to go home. I just meant as a native Texan, who to choose lol. TCU is usually a good middle without having to go full Aggie or Longhorn but they're not an option this year as are not my Red Raiders so guess I'll pull for TX teams first then OU/Big12 if that falls thru. Oklahoma gonna be stout too tho. They had our number this year.

Comment

Originally posted by cactusassjohn View Post
          welcome to all the teams !!,hook"em horns. check out cascio's steak house on 10th st. south of down town,also johnny's steakhouse on @24th and L st. ,cascio's will host the longhorns like they have forever. i miss rosenblatt also,the zoo owns that area now mostley a parking lot.

Cascio was next on my list. Lots of fun times over the years there. That’s a good call out.

Comment

Cascio was next on my list. Lots of fun times over the years there. That’s a good call out.
            Stella's Bar & Grill another good spot for an great famous burger. Been around since 1936. It's just down the road in Bellevue NE

Comment

Man this is tough. Who to pull for....

OU: Big 12 but it's Oklahoma...
              UT: Big 12 but it's UT...
              A&M: State pride but it's A&M...
              ND: Bc they knocked us and Tenn out but who cares about ND...

Guess I'll choose to keep it in the Lone Star State even tho hearing "it's our 38th trip" and RLB professing his SEC love, nonstop is going to be brutal. Good Luck to all. It's going to be a good one.
              I'll "mention" every and again about the SEC.......but I only care about one team.

At this point, I think anyone could win this thing. It all comes down to who gets hot the next two weeks.

Comment

Oh ND is good. I know first hand from the ticket they punched for us (Tech) to go home. I just meant as a native Texan, who to choose lol. TCU is usually a good middle without having to go full Aggie or Longhorn but they're not an option this year as are not my Red Raiders so guess I'll pull for TX teams first then OU/Big12 if that falls thru. Oklahoma gonna be stout too tho. They had our number this year.
                I live 6 months here and 6 months in Michigan but have always been a ND fan. On football Saturday it is just me and the TV as the family are Michigan fans. They are kids first so we will see who shows up. I don't have a dog in the hunt but like to watch the games. Some of the Tennessee kids were really arrogant. Especially the kid that hit the home run in game two. He slammed the bat against his chest and drove it into the ground as he ran towards 1st. One of the best kids on the team got booted in game one and couldn't play in game 2. He cussed out the ump from center field.

Comment

Originally posted by RLB View Post
                  I'll "mention" every and again about the SEC.......but I only care about one team.

At this point, I think anyone could win this thing. It all comes down to who gets hot the next two weeks.

Odds are pretty tight. Stanford seems like the pick here. I don’t get Texas as a favorite but anything can happen.

Comment

Not surprised at all to see A&M's odds. They've been defying the odds all year given their pitching staff. Generally, great pitching overcomes great hitting. Been waiting on that to bite them. Having said that: Chip and a chair...stay hot! It truly is anyone's game at this point, IMO. Baseball can be a funny game (ask Tennessee).

Comment

Originally posted by Chad_E View Post
                      Not surprised at all to see A&M's odds. They've been defying the odds all year given their pitching staff. Generally, great pitching overcomes great hitting. Been waiting on that to bite them. Having said that: Chip and a chair...stay hot! It truly is anyone's game at this point, IMO. Baseball can be a funny game (ask Tennessee).
                      It's a very funny game.

Comment

Odds are pretty tight. Stanford seems like the pick here. I don’t get Texas as a favorite but anything can happen.

A little surprising, a team knocks off the overall No. 1 seeded/ranked team in the country (twice) and not chosen as the over whelming favorite......

I believe I am going to root for the following in the order listed:

Texas
                        Texas A&M
                        Oklahoma
                        Arkansas
                        Ole Miss
                        Auburn
                        Notre Dame
                        Stanford

Let the fun begin.

Rwc

Comment

The early game does allow you to do dinner though. The Drover is my CWS staple, but 801 Chophouse is home to one of the best meals I have ever eaten.

I miss Rosenblatt.
                          Thanks to you and cactusassjohn for the tips!

First time to the CWS....lucky enough to be going with my daughter who will be covering the game. Great way to spend father's day weekend!

Comment

I loved seeing TN get sent home. They're the kids that scream at pitchers in HS ball.

Comment

Originally posted by Ouch View Post
                              I loved seeing TN get sent home. They're the kids that scream at pitchers in HS ball.
                              Yep, I believe Dale Moser cleared this up in another post "Sportmanship-Lost art?".....I agree with his post 100%!

Rwc

Comment

Originally posted by Rwc View Post

I believe I am going to root for the following in the order listed:

Texas
                                Texas A&M
                                Oklahoma
                                Arkansas
                                Ole Miss
                                Auburn
                                Notre Dame
                                Stanford

Let the fun begin.

Rwc
                                Texas

NOT oklahoma