Speckled trout on the beaches yet

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Roperyoung View Post
    how do you catch these in the surf? live bait?
    Plastics and rattle traps ! Doesn’t hurt to chunk Johnson sprites either- with or without buck tails .

Comment

Originally posted by Bucknaked View Post
      Plastics and rattle traps ! Doesn’t hurt to chunk Johnson sprites either- with or without buck tails .
      If I wasn’t chunking topwaters at daylight ( if the surf is knocked down) I preferred chartreuse mirror lures or chartreuse soft plastics as the sun got up a little bit. Never thought about rattle traps although I would use them in the bay under a popping cork for redfish.
      Last edited by Gumbo Man; 06-09-2022, 03:55 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Gumbo Man View Post
        If I wasn’t chunking topwaters at daylight ( if the surf is knocked down) I preferred chartreuse mirror lures or chartreuse soft plastics as the sun got up a little bit. Never thought about rattle traps although I would use them in the bay under a popping cork for redfish.
        I have boxes full of rattle traps Terry! I take the treble hooks off and put singles on them ! To make it more interesting I file the barbs off .

Comment

Yes people please stay out of the water. Flesh eating bacteria is everywhere and if that doesn’t get you man eating sharks roam the waters. Just not worth it. I’d rather go catch catfish on Conroe.

Comment

Originally posted by bollomb View Post
            [ATTACH]1091862[/ATTACH] There were some willing to cooperate last friday morning
            Nice tailgaters bollomb.

Comment

Originally posted by Bucknaked View Post
              I have boxes full of rattle traps Terry! I take the treble hooks off and put singles on them ! To make it more interesting I file the barbs off .
              I bet that does make it interesting without barbs.

Comment

Originally posted by panhandlehunter View Post
                Yes people please stay out of the water. Flesh eating bacteria is everywhere and if that doesn’t get you man eating sharks roam the waters. Just not worth it. I’d rather go catch catfish on Conroe.
                There are no catfish left in Conroe. Hogslayer78 and his family caught em all.

Comment

Originally posted by Gumbo Man View Post
                  There are no catfish left in Conroe. Hogslayer78 and his family caught em all.
                  I can verify this. Went 2 weeks ago and didn't catch but 1 haha

Comment

Yes people please stay out of the water. Flesh eating bacteria is everywhere and if that doesn’t get you man eating sharks roam the waters. Just not worth it.
                    My stomping grounds in Surfside are teaming with Vibro. Can literally see it in the water its so thick. Just stay away.

Comment

Originally posted by Man View Post
                      My stomping grounds in Surfside are teaming with Vibro. Can literally see it in the water its so thick. Just stay away.
                      Exactly. I don’t know when people are going to learn. I hear once you get south of port O’Connor it’s not a problem. Something about higher salinity?

Comment

I need to get on them jokers.... Y'all hit me with the when and the how

Comment

Exactly. I don’t know when people are going to learn. I hear once you get south of port O’Connor it’s not a problem. Something about higher salinity?
                          Hmmmm

Comment

Yup, from Rockport on south into Mexico, vibrio is not existent.
                            Plus, there are tons of stingrays in the water over here, in addition to the man killing sharks, and leg eating bacteria.

Comment

Y’all don’t fergit bout them Man-O-Wars!! Thay got tentacles that is 10 foot long and will wrap you up n paralyze you so you drown‼️‼️

Comment

Originally posted by SaltwaterSlick View Post
                                Y’all don’t fergit bout them Man-O-Wars!! Thay got tentacles that is 10 foot long and will wrap you up n paralyze you so you drown‼️‼️
                                And they carry vibrio in those 40’ long tentacles

Comment

Working...
                                X