No announcement yet.

School security

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ISRAEL they do indeed have armed security in every school and that an officer is very visible. All the security officers working in the schools are under the guidance of the Israel police, and the standards are high. Unannounced drills are frequent to test operational readiness. Regarding school buses, there is no such thing in Israel.

Comment

Originally posted by mwk128 View Post
      Then why is this only a problem in the US?

So enlighten us, what is the solution

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Originally posted by SCREAMINREELS View Post
        Look up watchdogs.

Our school has a program called watchdogs and it’s actually a nationally recognized program. Being armed is not part of it but among other things keeping an eye on the campus is. Multiple dads there every day for this exact reason.

Yep one of the greatest things our district does
        But I think they should arm them too

Comment

Originally posted by Burnadell View Post
          Even if the money is appropriated, finding the people to fill the positions is problematic. Can you imagine how boring it must be to stand around all day doing nothing everyday waiting for years for a threat that may not ever happen. There is no easy solution, and I don’t think there is any solution to stop every lunatic/psycho out there who is intent on killing a large number of people.

Lots of retired vets or previous military out there
          Remember when post office jobs were mostly allocated to vets before those jobs began going to minorities ??

Comment

Originally posted by Big_gun View Post
            Use “OUR” tax dollars to fortify doors at schools and ensure air locks at all entrances. Be buzzed in and secretary’s behind bullet proof glass to scan your DL etx. Even our small local school district has folks carrying onsite. Deterrents work for most. But as others have stated 40 years ago guns were not an issue. 98% of kids knew right from wrong. The 2% knew it but we’re just hellions. Lol

Uh oh, you know that whole drivers license deal is racist right? We would be disenfranchising some from entering a school

Comment

Originally posted by Hardware View Post
              Why is it that no one talks about mental health since it's the one common denominator in all mass shootings?……
              To the contrary, I think everyone talks about it. The question is what to do about it?

You have groups pushing red flag laws but then you have probably more powerful groups (such as probably a majority of TBH) that say it is too easily abused. Your next-door neighbor doesn’t like you or doesn’t like guns so he reports to the police that you have been acting strange lately and he is in fear. Poof!!! Sorry, not only could you not buy a gun, we are going to confiscate yours.

It is no different than safety or privacy. What are you willing to give up? What are you willing to trust the government with?

The liberals and progressives lean heavily on getting rid of the Second Amendment for safety. I say forget that. If you want safety and don’t mind giving up a right, get rid of the Fourth Amendment. When the police can stop anybody, anywhere, for no reason whatsoever, can enter your home or any other place without a warrant and search. I can guarantee that will put a huge dent in all crime and particularly violent crime.

So what are you willing to give up?

Everybody knows the issues including mental health. The question is how far do you go……

Comment

Originally posted by tvc184 View Post
                To the contrary, I think everyone talks about it. The question is what to do about it?

You have groups pushing red flag laws but then you have probably more powerful groups (such as probably a majority of TBH) that say it is too easily abused. Your next-door neighbor doesn’t like you or doesn’t like guns so he reports to the police that you have been acting strange lately and he is in fear. Poof!!! Sorry, not only could you not buy a gun, we are going to confiscate yours.

It is no different than safety or privacy. What are you willing to give up? What are you willing to trust the government with?

The liberals and progressives lean heavily on getting rid of the Second Amendment for safety. I say forget that. If you want safety and don’t mind giving up a right, get rid of the Fourth Amendment. When the police can stop anybody, anywhere, for no reason whatsoever, can enter your home or any other place without a warrant and search. I can guarantee that will put a huge dent in all crime and particularly violent crime.

Everybody knows the issues including mental health. The question is how far do you go……

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by rjtkdplus View Post
                  From a friend of mine

HOW TO STOP SCHOOL SHOOTINGS: FROM A SECURITY EXPERT- by Drew Arthur

I have been reading and listening to knee jerk opinions full of emotion and advice how to solve the school shootings.

Anyone who says gun control is the way- doesn’t know anything about what works in security ans what does not work - that simple and they aren’t security experts

The problem is the folks I have heard from are not source security experts. True security experts are far and few.

I am one of those experts. I attended and passed the best U.S. Federal Security programs, training, and test at the Federal Law Enforcement Academy. I worked for 20 years as a Deputy U.S. Marshal. I worked as a Judicial Security Inspector (Protecting U.S.Federal Court Houses, and U.S. Federal Judges). In 2005 we have a tragic county courthouse shooting. I was requested to write site security assessments for the court house and several other county facilities. I did, and I wrote more for other courthouses and have taught how to make a family safe.

Pointing fingers at the gun is wrong. Guns are against the law in Mexico, but, last year more folks were killed in Mexico by these non-existent and outlawed guns, than the deaths by guns in Afghanistan.

Closer to home there has been an experiment going on in the huge city of Chicago, Illinois. Some of the countries toughest gun laws. Chicago constantly leads the country in huge numbers of murders by the non- existent guns that have been outlawed.

GUN CONTROL DOES NOT WORK ANYMORE THAN TAKING CARS AWAY FROM SOBER DRIVERS TO STOP DRUNK DRIVING WOULD WORK.

This is emotional knee jerk opinions by well meaning folks who do not truly understand a field they do not have expertise in.

WHAT WILL GIVE SCHOOLS SECURITY?

The answer is paying for the proper level of security to protect the children.

How to pay for it? That’s the question. Citizens do not want to pay higher taxes.

Municipalities, counties, the state, and federal government could all share in the cost.
                  Folks use half cent bonds to pay for firehouses. I think between all mentioned entities the schools can be funded for the proper level of security.

THE MECHANICS? HOW DO WE MAKE THE SCHOOLS SAFE.

HARD TARGET: The schools need to be a hard target to enter.

Doors: There needs to be one entrance way into the schools. All doors should have emergency push bars to exit only in case of fire or emergency.

School Resource Officers (School Police), and School Security Guards should patrol the schools, watch the monitors of all the cameras, check back packs, etc.

FENCING: There should be fences around the facility, with remote electric entrance and electric locking capabilities. 8 foot and climbing resistant with concertina wire on top. The fence will be around the parking lot and school.

All class rooms should have a tough locking system for students to shelter in place.and a bullet resistant, tornado resistant sheltering in -place portable room - they already have it- are the kids worth it? Yes.

Offer young law enforcement officers to live in a temp mobile home, free utilities and no rent on campus. Cover all shifts

TEACHERS:
                  All teachers and administration employees who want to carry a concealed weapon should be allowed to. They should have to qualify, and attend stop the shooter quarterly drills with the school resource officers and security officers.

TROUBLED STUDENTS:
                  Students who have violent tendencies, or have had violent arrest, should be a one school for students with these problems.

There are more things that can be done.

But, the problem is that folks want to blame everyone else, guns, 2nd amendment, etc. They don’t want to really fortify the schools, and provide true armed protection to save the children.

If police (enough to cover the campus) are not present on the campus they can only respond after a tragedy occurs.

If the campus in open, doors unlocked, and no bag checks, no officers, no armed teachers and administration, no fences, no security cameras, only one entrance, then there is no security.

You can take everyone’s guns, baseball bats, kitchen knives, and bad players will show up with them because it is like shooting fish in a barrel.THE KILLING ZONE IS GUN FREE ZONES.

Like the federal court houses , must have an ID, and walk through a metal detector, and everything goes through an x- ray machine . Have law enforcement there doing the screening.

If you live and want to protect your greatest resource, and investment in America’s future, spend the money and make the facility a hard target, one that a would be attacked will immediately fail when they try to enter the facility?

Armed security protects celebrities, banks, courts, jewelry stores, sporting events, and even anti gun celebrities and anti gun politicians.

SHOULDN’T YOUR CHILDREN HAVE THE SAME PROTECTION, AREN’T THEY AS IMPORTANT?

PAY FOR PROPER SECURITY AND MAKE IT A HARD TARGET.

This is the only way to stop violent perpetrators.

About the author: Drew was a U.S. Marine Infantryman/Military Police Officer, U.S. Army Infantryman, Municipal Police Officer, Deputy U.S. Marshal / Federal Criminal Investigator/ Senior Judicial Security Inspector (Ret). Drew holds Black Belts in Relson Gracie JiuJitsu, Judo, Japanese JuJitsu, Karate, Krav Maga, and is a certified instructor in Muay Thai.

He can be contacted (903)-509-1662— gracietyler.com

Thank you

Drew Arthur

I’d like to hear more from Drew Arthur.

Comment

Originally posted by Gumbo Man View Post
                    Maybe because other countries teach there children that there will be consequences for bad and evil behavior. Maybe because other countries actually prosecute and imprison the bad and evil without giving years of slaps on the hand until they snap and make headline news.

My question is why did this problem not exist 50 years ago when a lot of us were growing up? We had guns. We had schools. Could it possibly be the fact that we were a real Christian Nation with morals as compared to now?
                    This ^^^^^^^^™™™™™

Comment

I agree. Schools need more/better security.

Comment

Originally posted by tvc184 View Post

Never talked about giving up any rights as I'm totally against that happening for the sane public. As for mental health, yes the majority of private Americans totally understand that is a big issue with mass shootings.

On the other hand the politicians, media and government as a whole are not. They use it as a political tool to pushing more gun laws, bans or hardening schools. It will never change if the fore mentioned groups bury their heads in the sand and continue to be reactive to the current situation!!! You can go all the way back to Columbine and see signs far before any of these happened with the perpetrators action leading up to the act. My point was we need to be proactive and stop the act before it happens.
                        Last edited by Hardware; 05-31-2022, 11:17 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Txhunter3000 View Post
                          Does this exterior door have a vision panel?
                          Does her classroom door have a vision panel?
                          If yes then anybody can get in it just might take a couple of seconds longer.

This is easily overcome. Most vision panel are on the strike/knob side of the door. Move it all the way to the hinge side and make it bullet proof if needed.

Comment

That's fine for doors with levers ( ADA requirements ) but not for exterior doors that have panics. I looked and a
                            bulletproof panel would have to be 2 1/4" thick to stop an AR or AK.
                            There are lots of other issues with doors too. You have ada guidelines on pressure to open and most schools have positive pressure and if the ac's are on they don't always close.

Comment

School security

Originally posted by Txhunter3000 View Post
                              That's fine for doors with levers ( ADA requirements ) but not for exterior doors that have panics. I looked and a
                              bulletproof panel would have to be 2 1/4" thick to stop an AR or AK.
                              There are lots of other issues with doors too. You have ada guidelines on pressure to open and most schools have positive pressure and if the ac's are on they don't always close.

I would expect exterior doors to have mag locks that would automatically release in the event of an emergency.

If the HVAC system is properly balanced the pressure shouldn’t be an issue.

Comment

Do you guys think the billions if not trillions spent on airport security was worth it?

Comment

Working...
                                X