No announcement yet.

Rotator Cuff Surgery Elk hut in 17 weeks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think 30 days before your hunt you can apply in the special hunt category with a note from your Dr. to hunt with a crossbow. Check out the New Mexico fish and games web page.

Comment

Several years ago a friend of mine incurred a torn rotator cuff during an altercation with a suspect. He got surgery and a year later they had to go back in for more repair. Today, at least six years later, he has 75 percent mobility. He cannot raise his arm over his head.
      However, I would remain optimistic, do your p T, don’t be around smoke or don’t smoke. You’ll either be ready or you won’t.

Comment

Ergonomics

I had my 2nd shoulder done in September and I'm close to a quarter of the way rehabbed, but my Ergonomics gal at work says to only do movements that benefit. I bought a Bear Legit that started me at 5 or 10 lbs. draw weight and I've only increased the draw weight a couple of times, but I'm an ole phart. Stay with it, and it will happen in the proper timeframe. Just don't overdo it.

Comment

I'm 58. I had mine done on Dec 28. Ive been shooting my bow a little over a week and while it's not 100%, I have no problem shooting it accurately. The shoulder is probably at about 75% recovered. Some days are better than others but I don't have any that are too bad to shoot.

Sent from my SM-N970U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by dgilbert View Post
            Rehab rehab rehab

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Rehab is for quitters.

He needs physical therapy.

Comment

Originally posted by Coyote Canyon View Post
              I think 30 days before your hunt you can apply in the special hunt category with a note from your Dr. to hunt with a crossbow. Check out the New Mexico fish and games web page.
              yes you can, and i will do hat if i have to

Comment

Originally posted by rolylane6 View Post
                I'm 58. I had mine done on Dec 28. Ive been shooting my bow a little over a week and while it's not 100%, I have no problem shooting it accurately. The shoulder is probably at about 75% recovered. Some days are better than others but I don't have any that are too bad to shoot.

Sent from my SM-N970U using Tapatalk
                thats good to know, my doc said 75% in 12 weeks. im going to rehab my butt off. my goal is 60lbs

Comment

4 anchors put in on Nov 3, 2020 and I followed every thing the Doc said to do for rehab and when I drew my bow at 65#'s for the first time in early August 2022, I could barely draw it and it hurt like Hell! Dropped it back to 60 and it was still difficult.

I would be shocked if you can draw 60. I was 68. Good luck!

Comment

Well since you already had the surgery I will root for you to be able to hunt

Comment

Focus on dropping inflammation will help.

Suggest a cut back on sodium, caffeine, and inflammatory foods. Works for me.

Comment

Originally posted by Mudslinger View Post
                        4 anchors put in on Nov 3, 2020 and I followed every thing the Doc said to do for rehab and when I drew my bow at 65#'s for the first time in early August 2022, I could barely draw it and it hurt like Hell! Dropped it back to 60 and it was still difficult.

I would be shocked if you can draw 60. I was 68. Good luck!
                        Wow, no anchors for me. i had surgery yesterday and im in a lot of pain today

Comment

Originally posted by tigerscowboy View Post
                          Focus on dropping inflammation will help.

Suggest a cut back on sodium, caffeine, and inflammatory foods. Works for me.
                          im eating clean and 200 grams of protein a day.

Comment

Originally posted by Pernell View Post
                            Wait until that first time you try and raise your hand above your head.

Comment

Originally posted by Pernell View Post
                              Ice and Extra Strength Tylenol helped with my pain.

Comment

I tore my rotator cuff in September of last year. Went on prednisone to finish my October bowhunt and after I got off it, if I tried to draw my bow it felt like it was gonna rip off. Arm hurt all the time.

Didn’t want to have the surgery so I layed off of it, stayed out of the gym and didn’t shoot my compound bow whatsoever ever. Was really particular on how I slept and kept it bent at a 45 degree angle on a pillow across my chest.

March I went back to the gym. April I was shooting my compound again. I would say I’m 85% back to normal now.

Everyone I talked to, including the doctor, said that surgery is a last ditch effort

Comment

Working...
                                X