See less

Boddington's daughter shoots Dog Handler

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Tex_Cattleman
    I have never heard of these folks and am not overly familiar with African Hunting. With the mention of "I was in Africa again" and knowing the cost of this 'game', it leaves me wondering why she is soliciting funds from others to cover the cost of her mistake/accident?

Me and Tex are drinkin outa the same beer box.

It is a tragedy that a mistake almost cost a man his life.

Dennis: it is alot different than a LEO or fireman getting injured or killed on the job.!!!!

Me ,Tex and Joey are sharing beers.

Comment

It looks to me like these folks could take care of the medical bills without any problem.

Over the past 40 years, Craig Boddington traveled to 56 countries to hunt about 300 species with several hundred outfitters - over 110 hunts in Africa alone. From Kyrgyzstan to Kansas, Mozambique to Montana, no other hunter is more qualified to identify a good outfitter.

here is an entry from Brittany's blog...
      Leopard Luck…or lack there of…
      Sunday, August 10th, 2008 @ 4:32 am | Uncategorized
      So it took my dad a crazy amount of time to shoot his first leopard and it’s looking like his leopard luck runs in the family. I just got back yesterday from a five week trip, one week was in Namibia trying to shoot a leopard. No luck, it was freezing cold and we didn’t even have a chance, not only did we not see a leopard but we didn’t even have any tracks worth following…so sad! The rest of the five weeks was spent exploring Italy and London with a brief stop in Frankfurt! So much fun! I can’t wait to go back for my leopard and it turns out that might be sooner than I thought….

Comment

I'm more of a fan of Jim Shockey's daughter to tell ya the truth.

Comment

You have no idea what his medical bills are.... what physical therapy is going to cost... etc...

The guy has no insurance... and I'm pretty sure that Boddington could if she wanted to... just walk away from the whole thing and never have to pay a cent... since that is pretty much the way things work over there...

No... they are getting them the best care possible... but you know how it goes HERE... Medical bills with no insurance can choke ANYONE...

I don't know the situation...

Lots of time people that are in the public eye are asked by well wishers if there is anything they can do to help with ANY problem they have... she is directing these questions... in an ARTICLE she is writing... to a foundation.

I see no problem...

Comment

Originally posted by Encinal View Post
            Well he was being mauled before she shot him...

Kinda ridiculous if you ask me... if someone that doesn't have any money says I'm going to do what I can but im setting up a foundation...

No one makes a comment...

Someone who apparently has money (but they write and do TV for their hunts so that's how quite a few get paid for) says they are setting up a foundation the question is asked "why aren't they paying more" when you have no idea what they are doing in the first place...
            The bold part needs to be repeated.....

You will be happy to know that I agree with you on this particular topic.

Comment

How does it feel to be right for a change?

ROFL

Comment

Yeah I have seen links to her testimony (statement) and his as well...

If you spend enough time doing what she was doing, eventually something like this (that can lead to a mauling/accidental shooting) happens. If you get charged enough... eventually one is going to get through... I don't care how good you think you are.

She obviously made a mistake, but that's a tough spot to be in for anyone.

People that are going to go off on her about safety and "that would never happen to me" etc... either haven't spent enough time hunting dangerous game to be humbled... or have, and are too thick headed to realize they aren't supermen.

Sadly... both of those types of people are common in the Safari game... both on the Client and PH side of things.

I lean this way....the man knows he has a dangerous job and what is involved. If I was in his shoes, I would rather be shot by my customer trying to stop me from being mauled than to have that kitty keep ripping me to pieces till I bled out.

THis is way different than getting shot sitting in a tree stand and some idiot thinks you're a bobcat.

Ask yourself if you would take a shot if you were in a position to stop the mauling.....you could kill someone or save someone. What if she refused to shoot and the cat killed him or just froze from fear because she did not know what action to take?? I could go on.....

Comment

"The rest of the five weeks was spent exploring Italy and London with a brief stop in Frankfurt! So much fun! I can’t wait to go back for my leopard and it turns out that might be sooner than I thought…. """

The Boddingtons are a very wealthy family and I feel very strongly they have an insurance policy to cover accidents as such. I know we do, and we are no where on the same level of television production as they are. You do not go out and film hunting episodes with camera people or other and not have some sort of insurance protection... This is playing Russian roulette with six rounds loaded... Its not if...It is when it happens....

I do not see anything wrong with them starting a fund to help this individual with upcoming medical bills and rehab. But I would only give to this fund after I confirmed that the Boddingtons themselves have made such contributions to the cause as well....

Comment

I feel bad no doubt for the situation but it sure smells like a scam to me

Comment

Originally posted by bwssr View Post
                      what was she suposed to do, stand there and watch? Then you all would gripe about why didn't she do something.....seems a lot of folks here comdem others no matter what they do, or try to do.
                      Shooting the animal would have been a lot better thing to do.

Comment

Over at accuratereloading almost 100% of the posts about this have been supportive with people actually donating money.

Of course... that community is more familiar with situations like this...

Comment

Get me one while you are up Trey, por favor.

his medical bills are extreme. Punki is one of the most experienced leopard hunters in southern Africa, with 25 years experience with his hounds. I have established the "Punki Recovery Fund," and am contributing the proceeds of my writing. I would be eternally grateful for any contributions to: Punki Recovery Fund, PO Box 33303, Granada Hills, CA 91394.
                          --Brittany Boddington
                          Can't fault her for making a mistake in a dangerous game (it happens) but "contributing proceeds of her writing." and asking for contributions does ring hollow after she made such a critical error.

As "one of the most experienced leopard hunters in southern Africa" there is absolutely no way the Boddington's could walk away from this without complete PR meltdown (as suggested as a "might have done" above).

I'm sure it will all be fine when they are a little more forthcoming on cost and personal financial contributions. I'd guess our collective wincing is a case of bad presentation on her part.

Comment

LOL!
                            Shooting the animal would have been a lot better thing to do.
                            Well I bet she was trying to do that!
                            Originally posted by Bowtechlady View Post
                            I feel bad no doubt for the situation but it sure smells like a scam to me
                            Huh? Who's scamming whom? I believe that the tracker did in fact get shot and that Boddington is honesty attempting to collect donations for the man. Not sure who would be doing any scamming in this situation.

Comment

Over at accuratereloading almost 100% of the posts about this have been supportive with people actually donating money.

Of course... that community is more familiar with situations like this...
                              They shoot one another regularly over there?

Comment

Dangit, Osceola beat me to it.

Well played sir, well played.

Comment

Working...
                                X