X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Comment

Originally posted by hbender1 View Post
      Remedy will work well.
      The application method depends on the size.
      For larger "rough bark" trees mix 25% Remedy and 75% diesel and spray the bottom 18-20 inches all the way around circumference.
      For smaller brush use a 1-2% leaf spray mix with water and a few oz. of a good dish soap.

**don't mix diesel with the leaf spray. The diesel will just burn the leaves off and the plant won't be able to absorb the Remedy. **
      All this.

Comment

If you are going to spray foliar you should wait a few weeks. Soil temperature should be 80+ for it to work well.

Comment

Awesome
          Comments

Comment

The basal bark spray method, with 15-25% Remedy/Diesel mix (1 quart Remedy to 3-5 quarts of diesel) works, and it’ll work just about all year (works best from late spring to early fall).

Sendero works well (use as a foliar spray), but it has VERY narrow windows of time that it works (based on soil temp, bean elongation, etc). Usually, that’s a few weeks in June, and a few in Aug or Sept. Otherwise, it’s effectiveness is highly variable.

For 10 acres, assuming these are not large trees (basal bark doesn’t work well on large trees), your best bet is basal bark with Remedy (Triclopyr).

The Power Pellets work, but they ARE slow, and they’re about $400 for a 4 lb pail...

Comment

Didn’t read all the posts so it’s probably been said but I use remedy with a surfactant “to help the chemical stick and stay” and a blue dye so I know which ones I’ve sprayed. For larger diameter mesquite I use a hammer to rough up about a foot of the base to help that chemical get into it. Not sure if your area but there’s a certain time to try and kill them. I usually treat them in June but there’s something about the mesquite leaf that tells you when it’s time. I believe when they start to turn yellow “could be wrong but ask a biologist in your area”. Good luck cause I know they can spread rapidly.

Comment

For 10 acres, I would contact a local crop duster (aerial applicator) and find out how much it would cost to spray the 10 acres.

Comment

Originally posted by Carpe_diem View Post
                  For 10 acres, I would contact a local crop duster (aerial applicator) and find out how much it would cost to spray the 10 acres.

Just remember if you go this route, you will still need to hire a bull dozer to push them over / clean it up, unless you are prepared to wait years for them to die & fall over.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Carpe_diem View Post
                    10 acres isn't even big enough for most custom ground applicators to come out. It sure won't be big enough for an airplane.

Comment

Triclopyr for basal spraying and Sendero or Tordon 22k for foliar. Tordon kills cactus too so that's a bonus.

Comment

Sendero works great. Spray when leaves are dark green. Much easier on pumps than a diesel mix.

Comment

Originally posted by Pelicanpoint View Post
                          Remedy/diesel mix. Spray trunk about 8” up from ground until it runs to the soil.
                          Soon after the trees put on foliage.

I've killed 1,000s of them.

Oh and, watch for snakes

Comment

How long after you spray will it is be dead, where you can shred then down.
                            These are mostly small new growth mesquite in a coastal field.

Comment

Originally posted by PoppinPiggies View Post
                              We have used Remedy and Sendero both with success
                              Both, combined

Comment

If you spray remedy/diesel on the leaves they will defoliate and live. Spray the trunk only.

Comment

Working...
                                X