Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Tattoos - what advice would you give a young person?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My first question is are you still paying their bills.

Comment

Don't get anything that can't be covered with short sleeves, this also applies to the female population.

Comment

First time I got a PM on TBH it was from Ragin. He was mad about my opinion on a Tattoo thread and wanted to fight about it. The guy got all bent out of shape. Every time I see a Tattoo thread I think about it and laugh.

Comment

Originally posted by 3rdCoastHunter View Post
          Pay extra for quality. Start with somewhere less visible when clothed - don’t get meaningless words in other languages.

Also don’t take tattoo advice from a boomer unless they have extensive tattoo experience

Shop the artist and their work. Dont shop by price.
          Nobody regrets well done work. Only the basement bargain work haha
          Last edited by DirtyDave; 05-10-2022, 11:03 AM.

Comment

above the elbow and below the collar bone; until you are set in a career and then if that career allows for them to be visible

no names

no foreign languages

I have 5, I have been in the same job going on 9 years now, and I don't think anyone knows that I have them.

I've had one of them for going on 20 years now, and I still don't regret it. 16 year old me is still funny all these years later

Comment

Got my first when I was 20.
              Didn't get my 2nd tat until I was 40.
              My Daughter wanted to become a Tattoo Artist so I let her practice on me during her apprenticeship. She is doing awesome now and works at an upscale shop in Dallas.
              Working on my sleeves and other pieces now. All my tattoos except the first one are done by my daughter

Check out @shaynexart on instagram and tiktok. And Shayne Hunter Tattoos on fb

Comment

I don't have any. There are certain ones I like...for some reason ominous looking tree tattoos are a favorite of mine. I just tend to like stuff on the extremes. If I can't have a full sleeve I'll just abstain from the whole thing.

Comment

Originally posted by Quackerbox View Post
                  As mentioned, theyre prolly gonna do it one way or the other. Fine a good artist. If you can walk in and get inked without an appointment, its not good.

I want another but hate the wait
                  Good summation, saved me the typing. I prefer artists who also paint. shading seems better to my eye.

Comment

Originally posted by Kmart49 View Post
                    Don't....
                    x2

Comment

Tats appear to be a requirement to work at McDonalds. I have to laugh at low wage workers spending all their money on tats.

Comment

Originally posted by M16 View Post
                        Tats appear to be a requirement to work at McDonalds. I have to laugh at low wage workers spending all their money on tats.
                        Maybe in the bubble you live in. I have zero tattoos. However, many professionals I know, including owners of extremely large businesses have them.

Comment

Originally posted by DirtyDave View Post
                          Got my first when I was 20.
                          Didn't get my 2nd tat until I was 40.
                          My Daughter wanted to become a Tattoo Artist so I let her practice on me during her apprenticeship. She is doing awesome now and works at an upscale shop in Dallas.
                          Working on my sleeves and other pieces now. All my tattoos except the first one are done by my daughter

Check out @shaynexart on instagram and tiktok. And Shayne Hunter Tattoos on fb
                          very nice.

she do any black and grey?

Comment

Wait a year and see if you still want the same thing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Big Lee View Post
                              Maybe in the bubble you live in. I have zero tattoos. However, many professionals I know, including owners of extremely large businesses have them.
                              Either you have never been to McDonalds or you made an f in reading comprehension.

Comment

I've got about $5k on one arm, everybody thinks it's awesome and it is but it doesn't do anything for me in the long run. I'd tell the youngen to spend the money on something better, buy a nice custom rifle or a 4 wheeler or something lol.

Comment

Working...
                                X