Announcement

Collapse

TBH Maintenance

Ongoing TBH Website maintenance this evening. Your TBH visit may not be optimal during this service window.
See more
See less

Big truck to small (mid-sized) whos’ made the switch?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by txlawdog View Post
    Interested in how you like the gas engine. Have had 2 F350 diesels with 4x4 CC long bed. Have a 2011 now with close to 200k miles. Just planning for the future.
    Love it. 3.73 gearing and enough power to to anything. Mileage averages around 14 overall but I did not buy this truck for mileage.

Comment

Originally posted by bobc View Post
      In for this as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      Everything lol I’ve got a 17’ 6.7 F350 and a 19’ Tundra currently. Have had a 17’ and 18’ Tundra prior to this one, as well as a handful of current half tons mostly GM. IMO the Tundra is the absolute most efficient way to turn gasoline into a whole lot of noise without doing anything useful.

Comment

Currently have a 17’ 350 6.7 CCLB with 3.55 gears and picking up a 22’ F-250 with 7.3 gasser and 4.30 gears next week. I hope I’m not making a mistake, but the little bit I’ve driven one I was plenty happy. Not exactly a large truck to small truck, but it’s a large truck to smaller large truck I guess. The biggest factors I think I’ll have getting over is the small fuel tank and when I hook up the gooseneck. Day to day driving and pulling either my 12’ or 18’ trailer won’t be any issues I think.

Comment

Big truck to small (mid-sized) whos’ made the switch?

Originally posted by TX03RUBI View Post
          Everything lol IMO the Tundra is the absolute most efficient way to turn gasoline into a whole lot of noise without doing anything useful.

Thank God I’m not the only one. [emoji3]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Tundra to a lifted Canyon. I hated the Canyon after the first week. Just no replacement for displacement.

Comment

I just went from a 2016 f250 6.7 diesel to a 2022 f150 5.0 gas yesterday. I can't put all the stuff that I took out of my old truck into my new one, but I realized that I didn't need a lot of it. Lol. Glad to get away from diesel and am enjoying the better ride. I don't need the towing power that I had anymore. I'll get back with a real report in a year or so.

Comment

1/2 trucks are not trucks.....they’re vehicles used by wives to pickup groceries

Comment

Going from an HD to a 1/2 ton, is one thing, but “full-sized to mid-sized”(like a Tacoma/Canyon/etc), is another.

The Tacoma doesn’t get any better mileage than a 1/2 ton, won’t tow near as much, and the seating position (more like a car than a truck) is abysmal.

Diesel USED to be about 20% more than gas. It is currently about 40% more. I drive my 6.7 Ram 3500 a LOT less these days. (Though a 5.7 Sequoia gets horrible mileage, and the 21 gallon fuel tank seems to ALWAYS be empty).
                  Last edited by Abctx; 05-08-2022, 06:11 PM.

Comment

Driving anything larger than a tomato can vehicle is not a very economical way right now due to the prices.

BUT, I would rather have the protection a large vehicle gives me due to the people unable to read road signs or see others driving than I would driving something with good gas mileage!

Comment

Had three 3/4 ton 4x4 diesels and went to a tacoma.

Loved the tacoma. Kid just got home from college with it and might not get it back. I like filling feeders and doing it in the ac.

I'd really like a TRD pro 4runner.

I'm 6 feet and 210

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by TX03RUBI View Post
                        Everything lol IMO the Tundra is the absolute most efficient way to turn gasoline into a whole lot of noise without doing anything useful.

Ha, yep!!

This is one of the most insightful and honest posts I’ve read on TBH in a while![emoji1360]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I moved from an 18' mega cab diesel to half ton chevy. Sold my 5th wheel so I didn't have a need for the big truck anymore. I'm content with my decision and its been almost a year.

Comment

Originally posted by Mudslinger View Post

BUT, I would rather have the protection a large vehicle gives me due to the people unable to read road signs or see others driving than I would driving something with good gas mileage!
                            Is this why I see so many people making payments on big trucks who have no use for one?

Comment

Few years ago went from an F250 back to a F150. Zero regrets aside from the few times I pull a trailer but my F150 pulls fine. Cabin size wise, both about the same in my opinion.

Pros: Gas Cheaper, no def, cheaper oil change (usually), can go more places on farm and not get stuck, dont spin out in wet pasture. If buying new, little cheaper, way smoother ride.

Cons: Diesel was better to haul, fuel milage about the same, diesel trucks seem to last longer engine wise,

I would hate to be paying for diesel right now though if i wasnt hauling something regularly. Did forget, got into a bad wreck in F250, not my fault, totaled it, and i walked away without a scratch. Might not have been the same in my F150...but who knows.
                              Last edited by Fmjag64; 05-09-2022, 10:55 AM.

Comment

Did it once....never again

Comment

Working...
                                X