Clear All

Time to move this to PACE. Glad I had my roll of tin foil nearby

Comment

Originally posted by Bayouboy View Post
      Time to move this to PACE.

Why is that?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

All it takes is a little power blip to wreck a lot of infrastructure. I work for a big chemical company and we had a "minor power blip" that caused 6 out of 10 furnaces to trip. That knocked us out of our product pipeline and therefore we had to severely cut our feed supply back. Every time one plant cuts production, it effects a dozen or more in the upstream and downstream markets.

We've been performing repairs 24/7 and running our plant into the ground keeping production up just to keep the stake-holders and accountants happy. I'm sure the power plants that are still up are scrambling to meet demand with the increased load.

Whoever was in charge of the push to close existing power plants, just like when they closed military bases, should be castrated since they obviously aren't intelligent enough to be a benefit to the gene pool.

Comment

Did this happen with our last President?

Comment

Originally posted by Killer View Post
            This has nothing to do with transformers or wind blowing wires together and tripping your power out. Most of the state of Texas is in a deregulated power market. Has been that way since 2007. There have been a few small gas plants built around the state since then but nearly all the big coal plants have been shut down and torn to the ground. We won’t be firing one up in a few days!

There has been more stable base load generation removed from the grid than added during that time. This is the problem!

Deregulation means the wires companies like ONCOR have nothing to do with generation. They are a wires company that only transports electricity across their wires. Nothing to do with generation. Doesn’t own it or control generation.

If generation is 40GW and load is 40.1GW we go into a worst case blackout and everything burns down. Hopefully the wires company will get notice from ERCOT to start dropping load before we burn the entire grid down. That’s what happened in February 2021. Shedding the load during that event saved the grid and generating plants. We were just minutes away from a black out at that time.

ERCOT controls most of the electric grid in Texas and you see how well that went in February 2021.

This is all about having reliable stable base generation that is higher than the load being used off the grid. We used to have a 15 to 20 percent cushion of more generation than load being used now it is less than 5%. If one or two major plants go down or offline during the hottest part of the summer during a peak usage time like late afternoon and the load is more than what can be generated the grid goes down if the electric companies can’t shed load quickly enough. And if you happen to be on the circuits that they cut off your out of power anyway.
            You can see this is a very complicated process. The politicians are not good with complex or complicated!
            Thank you for the information

Comment

Yup it’s gone just the way I thought it would go.

Comment

Originally posted by gingib View Post
                Did this happen with our last President?

No sir

Comment

Sure glad I got my Champion Generator installed

Comment

Originally posted by rtp View Post
                    Why is that?

Because no matter how many facts are laid out if there's any negativity a lot of todays "men" can't handle it, don't want to prepare for it, and for sure don't want to think about it.

Comment

Fact..... Whining about it on a bowhunting forum will not fix a thing.

That is about the most solid fact on this thread.

If you have not learned by now how to get around the government's stranglehold on your well being you may be in trouble. Turn the news and podcasts off. It may surprise you how much better your day will be.

Comment

Fact..... Whining about it on a bowhunting forum will not fix a thing.

That is about the most solid fact on this thread.

If you have not learned by now how to get around the government's stranglehold on your well being you may be in trouble. Turn the news and podcasts off. It may surprise you how much better your day will be.

Amen mr James

Comment

Are you saying every TBH member should already know the facts? And since everyone knows there is no point warning people to prepare?

And what makes you think I'm not having a great day? One can see what's going on, warn others and not be overwhelmed by it.

I think most people just see it as a possible power outage. Some think this is the only issue. Some think it's all tin foil and there won't be a power outage. People need to wake up and look at the overall picture. May or may not turn nasty. But if/when it does it won't be good.

And you even have people that work for power companies on here trying to tell people LOL

Comment

Originally posted by RiverRat1 View Post
                            Are you saying every TBH member should already know the facts? And since everyone knows there is no point warning people to prepare?

And what makes you think I'm not having a great day? One can see what's going on, warn others and not be overwhelmed by it.

I think most people just see it as a possible power outage. Some think this is the only issue. Some think it's all tin foil and there won't be a power outage. People need to wake up and look at the overall picture. May or may not turn nasty. But if/when it does it won't be good.

And you even have people that work for power companies on here trying to tell people LOL

This.

For a LOT of people facts don’t matter. If it makes them uncomfortable thinking about it then they just say it’s either fear mongering or conspiracy theory. These are typically the same people whining because they were not prepared for an event.

Comment

Originally posted by 91cavgt View Post
                              This.

For a LOT of people facts don’t matter. If it makes them uncomfortable thinking about it then they just say it’s either fear mongering or conspiracy theory. These are typically the same people whining because they were not prepared for an event.
                              Whiners gunna whine. It's what they do.

Comment

Originally posted by RiverRat1 View Post

Power outages have occurred since electricity started being sold. Just like any other luxuries. Living in areas hit by storms and hurricanes has taught me and many others to deal with it. If mature people have not learned by now they either don't care or could care less. I have been hearing the sky is falling since they told us to hide under our desks during a nuclear attack in elementary school. Where did that get us? And yes. A lot of this chicken little stuff is tin foil headwear theory.

Comment

Working...
                                X