No announcement yet.

Weekend Rolling Blackouts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ERCOT said 6 providers went down so they are saying to conserve. Set thermostats at 78!
    I told them to shove it! I am not changing crap.

Get someone that can run this crap and fire the rest!

Comment

Originally posted by hopedale View Post
      Let's just repair all coal burning power plants and bring them on line. We should also put a halt on home development.
      This…. San Antonio has had water issues for as long as I can remember yet let’s keep developing. No we are seeing a power crunch.

Comment

Turning mine down to chill the place like usual when we have family/friends coming over for a gathering over the weekend. If we comply with ERCOT and they sneak by, there is no incentive to fix the issue. They'll just keep begging everyone to conserve and kick the can down the road.

Meanwhile, let anyone that wants to come here, legally or not, to come on in. Nevermind that we don't have the grid infrastructure to support it.

Comment

Originally posted by captainsling View Post
          ERCOT is warning of rolling blackouts this weekend with temps in the low 99s? WTH have they been doing for the last year and a half? We haven’t even gotten close to 100° yet and this is happening? Californians really need to quit moving here.

Amen stay in your own f’ed up state.

Comment

I have seen lots of times when the wind was blowing and wind turbines not turning. I ask my nephew, who is in charge of Hamilton electric coop, what was going on and he said they are waiting for the price to go up. Just passing info from a small coop.

Comment

My neighbor ask me how am I going to charge my electric car. I told him to tie a key on a kite and put it in the console F j b

Comment

Originally posted by brokeno View Post
                My neighbor ask me how am I going to charge my electric car. I told him to tie a key on a kite and put it in the console F j b
                Lmao

Comment

Originally posted by brokeno View Post
                  Take your largest, loudest, most fuel-INefficient generator over and charge it up.

Take plenty of pics

Comment

Originally posted by Nemlo View Post
                    It's time to go all-in on Nuclear as the primary source with the renewables and natural gas as the filler.
                    This^^^ If we could ever get it de-politicalized. There's plenty of NG in this state to take care of the US for years. Nuclear would be around for years and years!

Comment

Apparently Obama is preparing for black outs. Reports are he asked for permission to install a 2500 gallon propane tank…

Comment

Originally posted by BowCrazy View Post
                        This^^^ If we could ever get it de-politicalized. There's plenty of NG in this state to take care of the US for years. Nuclear would be around for years and years!
                        You will never get the far left greenies to get on board with nuclear. They want to destroy this country by forcing us to go full electric.

The best solution right now for their push for full electric is to go hybrid, only way our electric grid might possibly handle the change. Heck, Cali cannot provide enough electricity for normal usage now much less with charging electric vehicles I have seen reports asking people not to charge the EV's now hoping to avoid blackouts.

Comment

Working...
                        X