• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Stolen Valor scammer

Originally posted by kae006 View Post
    Is his handle Voodoo on TBH?

Comment

Originally posted by Let's go Brandon! View Post
      Ya know, I've been out for 28 years now and to this day I've still not met a vet who was a cook, mechanic or typist.
      There is a former Army cook working at a Waffle House near me.

And, he is **** good at what he does too!

Comment

Ya know, I've been out for 28 years now and to this day I've still not met a vet who was a cook, mechanic or typist.

This guy was a cook

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Stolen Valor scammer

Originally posted by 91cavgt View Post
          Not everyone that served has a DD214. I signed in ‘93 and got discharged in ‘95 due to Clinton cutbacks and feet problems. If you were in the reserves the whole time you don’t get a DD214 is how I understand it.

This could be true. By law a Veteran is anyone discharged above dishonorable that served ATLEAST 18 months ACTIVE DUTY.

Many Reservists and Guardsman never reach Veteran status. I believe its 18 months past “Initial Entry Training” status. After basic and schooling.

Last edited by Ætheling; 05-02-2022, 03:39 PM.

Comment

OH-58, UH-1, AH-1 - Army Mech
            HH-3, HH-53 - Air Force Mech/ Crew Chief

😁😘😁

Comment

Originally posted by AntlerCollector View Post
              This guy was a cook

They should throw the book at that guy for impersonating actor.

Comment

Originally posted by soldierarcher View Post
                91cavgt, I don't think you are correct sir. If I am not badly mistaken, all services do DD-214's. If you did not get one during your discharge you can request a copy through the VA.

I did call up the VA on several occasions and talked to several different people(because you rarely get the same story twice from them) and each time they told me the same thing. I received information showing my service time and pay grade at discharge but it was not a DD-214.

Comment

Originally posted by Ætheling View Post
                  This could be true. By law a Veteran is anyone discharged above dishonorable that served ATLEAST 18 months ACTIVE DUTY.

Many Reservists and Guardsman never reach Veteran status. I believe its 18 months past “Initial Entry Training” status. After basic and schooling.

This is how I understand it as well. Due to the lack of active duty status, even though I was discharged for medical reasons, I get nothing and I’ve contested it. No health care, no disability, no benefits whatsoever.

Comment

Is his handle Voodoo on TBH?
                    It is an impossibility to hurt my feelings brother.

Comment

Stolen Valor scammer

Originally posted by 91cavgt View Post
                      This is how I understand it as well. Due to the lack of active duty status, even though I was discharged for medical reasons, I get nothing and I’ve contested it. No health care, no disability, no benefits whatsoever.

Its a weird system man. I was Federal LEO and if you got jacked up there is no VA like system. Workers comp. Same for local LE and Fire. There are private groups that will help you but no such safety net like the VA.

File a workers comp claim if you need medical services is my best advice. If you dont have Vet status pretty sure you will never see VA assistance. I might be wrong.
                      Last edited by Ætheling; 05-02-2022, 06:12 PM.

Comment

I had a buddy who was a cook. He was a FA crew member in my platoon but lost his clearance for popping hot for cocaine. Poor ******* lol.

Comment

Question: I think I may be onto a case of stolen valor, but not sure. This guy is retired Navy, that is certain. He has twice bragged about "killing men" with a 5.56 while on active duty. He was not a seal. How common, or likely is it that someone in the Navy, not a seal was in this type of combat?

I did not serve. I have great respect and appreciation for those of you that did.

Comment

Originally posted by Dbap View Post
                            Question: I think I may be onto a case of stolen valor, but not sure. This guy is retired Navy, that is certain. He has twice bragged about "killing men" with a 5.56 while on active duty. He was not a seal. How common, or likely is it that someone in the Navy, not a seal was in this type of combat?

I did not serve. I have great respect and appreciation for those of you that did.

Don’t worry about service or likely hoods. You can bet your bottom dollar that anyone that brags about “killing men” is full of ****.

Comment

Originally posted by Quackerbox View Post
                              So he was a SEAL janitor? Kinda but not really

What gets me is how long as he taken advantage of discounts, parking or free stuff when he didnt do anything
                              In my experience, most MIL/LE discount programs don't qualify the individual based on what their role was and sounds like the individual described in the OP did serve, just not in the capacity he claims.

Comment

In my experience, most MIL/LE discount programs don't qualify the individual based on what their role was and sounds like the individual described in the OP did serve, just not in the capacity he claims.
                                We know that know. Taxi edited the OP once he learned that he actually did something other than sweep the chow hall.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X