“Facing Nolan” documentary

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Geezy Rider View Post
    Man, I’d love to see that but it looks like it’s only going to be a one time showing at only four theaters in our area.
    It'll eventually hit a streaming site. Most likely a year from now after I've completely forgotten about it.

Comment

Originally posted by SmTx View Post
      It'll eventually hit a streaming site. Most likely a year from now after I've completely forgotten about it.
      Maybe by then I might have one of them streamin thingys.

Comment

Originally posted by Dale Moser View Post
        I hope they go through the backstory between the Rangers and White Sox prior to Nolan thumping Ventura‘s head. I’ve heard it before, but I don’t remember much… I know it went back to the year before, and Ventura didn’t want to go to the mound… He had to.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
        We were on a junior high trip to the game the night after the fight. When ventura came out to bat it was like the sky was raining batteries and drinks at him.

Comment

Yes

Comment

Wonder if JD will be in this

Comment

Originally posted by SmTx View Post

It’ll be faster than that, I bet. I want to see it more than any movie since “American Sniper”, and I’ll pay…but I won’t go to a theater.

I told my wife I want a DVD copy when it becomes available, and it will. I’ll send it to you when I get it…after I watch it 19 times.[emoji3]

Nolan is one of my heroes.

Comment

Originally posted by Dale Moser View Post
                It’ll be faster than that, I bet. I want to see it more than any movie since “American Sniper”, and I’ll pay…but I won’t go to a theater.

I told my wife I want a DVD copy when it becomes available, and it will. I’ll send it to you when I get it…after I watch it 19 times.[emoji3]

Nolan is one of my heroes.

The Batman is still in theaters and already on HBO Max. I bet this things streaming within a month of its release.

Or just keep an eye on youtube. ��

Comment

This

Originally posted by jerp View Post
                  On todays Rangers broadcast one of them talked about going into the locker room to interview Nolan just after he pitched his 7th no hitter at age 44. He was on the exercise bike doing his normal postgame 45 minute workout. But there was a beer in the cup holder
                  I would bet on it!

Comment

Absolutely

Originally posted by Budman68 View Post
                    Between Nolan and the big unit, no one wanted to within 10' of home plate.
                    Chipper Jones once made a comment about having John "Smoltzy" Smoltz "Taking someone out".
                    If you got hit it was because they meant to bust you!

Comment

Nolan Ryan = STUD. My biggest childhood hero. True Texan. My grandpa bought bulIs from Nolan's sale every year, and I went along as often as I could hoping to meet him, but never did. tried hard to model my pitching delivery after his, but couldn't get my leg that dang high.

I want to see this.

Comment

My wife and his daughter were really good friends in high school. We were invited to her first wedding in Austin. I was in awe of Nolan and all the legends that showed up. Nolan was a big dude.

Comment

My dad's go to anytime mentions Nolan is "I got a hit off of him!" In Little League........

Reid did not get the athletic gene (much like me). I remember playing against him in junior high basketball on the B Team.

Comment

Can't wait to watch this with my boys! My dad and his best friend/ teammate named me and his boy after Nolan Ryan. Used to go watch him every chance we got when he was pitching in the dome.

My 8 yr old is also a fan, been watching videos of his pitching since he was a toddler. Jax (my kid) has the windup down, Hands over head, huge leg kick, and bringing 2 seam heat. I love it!

Comment

My dad and I was there for his 5000 strike out!!!!

Comment

Can’t wait to see this. I wanted to name my first son after him. Couldn’t get the wife on board so I settled on Nicholas Ryan. Close as I could get.

Comment

Working...
                                X