“Facing Nolan” documentary

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SabineHunter View Post
    2-0. I think he got in some good upper cuts, didn't he?
    He said the only other time he ever got rushed was Dave Winfield, and Dave got the better of him in that one. Been a long time since I heard that story though.

Comment

I still have my Nolan Ryan signed baseball I bought on Home Shopping Network somewhere. I think I sold him stuff at the concession stand when McGee and Shipley were playing for Burnet HS in Llano, but I didn't ask him who he was.

Comment

Originally posted by Dale Moser View Post
        He said the only other time he ever got rushed was Dave Winfield, and Dave got the better of him in that one. Been a long time since I heard that story though.
        He said Winfield did get the better of him and he wasn't going to let it happen again. And I guess he didn't lol.

Comment

Seeing Dave Winfield charging at you with ill intent would be quite an experience!

Comment

Fair enough. I wouldn't be ashamed of Winfield kicking my butt.

Comment

I hope they go through the backstory between the Rangers and White Sox prior to Nolan thumping Ventura‘s head. I’ve heard it before, but I don’t remember much… I know it went back to the year before, and Ventura didn’t want to go to the mound… He had to.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I hope they go through the backstory between the Rangers and White Sox prior to Nolan thumping Ventura‘s head. I’ve heard it before, but I don’t remember much… I know it went back to the year before, and Ventura didn’t want to go to the mound… He had to.

You could see the look on Venturas face that he wasn’t totally committed to it.

Comment

Interested to see if there is a back story. Something never added up to me on the whole situation. Ventura had nothing to gain, he either gets beat up or he beats up an old man? Lose lose situation IMO. I just always assumed it was an angry and impulsive reation without thinking.

Comment

If you want to see a great collection of sports memorabilia, or you want to talk about the famous Nolan Ryan brawl with Robin Ventura, shoot us an email. If you tell us you were actually at the game, we might believe you!

It was a three year build up

Comment

I cant wait for that to come out. I have no other baseball hero other than Nolan

Comment

I was at the stadium the night of the Robin/Nolan tussle. Watched it all happen, it was pure greatness, and the crowd was WILD. It was the greatest baseball game ever for me and I have been to some great ones.

Todd

Comment

Went to the game yesterday and they were having a free showing in the stadium after the game of the documentary. Quite a few people seemed to stay

Comment

Between Nolan and the big unit, no one wanted to within 10' of home plate.

Comment

In for this one!

Comment

Man, I’d love to see that but it looks like it’s only going to be a one time showing at only four theaters in our area.

Comment

Working...
                                X