Announcement

Collapse

TBH Maintenance

Ongoing TBH Website maintenance this evening. Your TBH visit may not be optimal during this service window.
See more
See less

Need your help. Brisket

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thats all i buy is prime also, rather spend a lil more and have a better piece of meat. Put a 14 lber on at 10 this morning on the treager. Gonna let it go all night

Comment

Originally posted by CyTxCazador View Post
      My names not Jason, but you’re welcome anyway.
      You inspired me to go with no wrapping lol thank you

Comment

Hard to let rest in the cooler for long especially when your hungry and ready to eat

Comment

In for the results. Pictures or this never happened.

Comment

Another lesson is always budget your time for several HOURS before you plan to eat. It can always sit in the cooler wrapped for longer, but you dang sure can't make it cook faster when you get hungry.

The other key point that was made but maybe missed...if you hit a secondary stall after you wrap (assuming you wrap around 160) then you can bump the heat up from the standard 225 that you started with up to 275 or so and it will help push on through.

Comment

Well more dog food I give up very dry
              Attached Files

Comment

Dammmit. Can you just chop it up for sandwiches?

Comment

Originally posted by Gumbo Man View Post
                  Dammmit. Can you just chop it up for sandwiches?
                  Yep that’s what I do, saw it in little pieces then put in food processor and ton of sauce

Comment

Wrap, wrap, wrap... some swear by not wrapping...but that's just me..

Sorry man. Really surprised with a prime brisket, it came out like that....especially as tender as it probed.
                    Last edited by Smart; 04-16-2022, 12:01 PM.

Comment

Why is the top and bottom so flipping hard?

Comment

Inject! Inject! Inject! I thought it would be great being prime.

Comment

I go to Jorges in Dacus and get mine sliced and chilled. Oven 350 1 hour. Unfortunately best brisket I’ve cooked, so I’m done smoking until maybe i get a traeger.

Comment

Wrap it in butcher paper, and get u some wagyu beef tallow. Put some tallow on the butcher paper when u wrap it, takes it to another level. Will be on point when its done

Comment

Originally posted by oktx View Post
                              You've got it made then, that's half the battle. Be sure to slice it correctly.
                              Ugh.

This is the problem right here.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Comment

Wrapping is a must for me. That’s the main thing I’m big on next to longer rests. How long did you rest it for? Here’s a reason for the rest. And by wrapping, the juices stay with the meat.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X