Announcement

Collapse

TBH Maintenance

Ongoing TBH Website maintenance this evening. Your TBH visit may not be optimal during this service window.
See more
See less

Saltwater fish survey #1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by tvc184 View Post
    Maybe it’s a matter of opinion but I hardly consider Pompano an inshore saltwater fish.
    I’d say it’s a matter of rarity. I’ve caught them on Galveston beach’s in the summer in the past but very rare

Comment

Favorite = Trout
      #2= Flounder
      #3= Reds

Flounder is great grilled but it's tough to beat fried trout for me.

Comment

I just started pompano fishing this year. Probably caught 150 this year with feet in the sand. I caught 3 last week. I’ve also caught a few this year inside the jetties. Never caught one offshore or nearshore.

Comment

The best part of a red fish is his throat

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by glen View Post
            Pomps followed by mangrove snapper
            Flounder is tops for me followed closely by these two.

Comment

Originally posted by Hardware View Post
              Depends on how its cooked.

Blackened Redfish
              Fried Trout, redfish throats and backbones and sheephead
              Baked stuffed flounder.
              Here too, with minor edit
              Proud member since 1999

Gary's Outdoor Highlight of 2008:

http://discussions.texasbowhunter.co...highlight=GARY

Comment

Trout

Comment

Originally posted by The Skunk Ape View Post
                  I’d say it’s a matter of rarity. I’ve caught them on Galveston beach’s in the summer in the past but very rare
                  That’s what I was talking about. I don’t consider a surf fish in inshore species.

I saw a Triple Tail in Lake Sabine once about 10 years ago but I think you could fish there for 50 years and never catch one.

Comment

Originally posted by tvc184 View Post
                    That’s what I was talking about. I don’t consider a surf fish in inshore species.

I saw a Triple Tail in Lake Sabine once about 10 years ago but I think you could fish there for 50 years and never catch one.
                    So you would consider them an offshore species? That seems like more of a stretch. Also, every fish discussed in this thread can be caught in the surf.

They are very common in some florida bay systems at the right time of year.

Comment

I’m convinced anyone that doesn’t have triple tail at 1 or 2 at worst just hasn’t had it. Triple tail; then everything else. Fresh trout fried up, redfish on half shell, flounder done any way.

Fresh raw oysters are technically “fish” and I wouldn’t pass that up for anything.

Comment

Flounder

Comment

Flounder. But after reading the replies I really feel like I should give sheephead another go.

Comment

Black Drum & Sheephead for fish tacos
                            Pan seared trout
                            Blackened ( bled out ) Redfish

All above fried.

Comment

Originally posted by glen View Post
                              I just started pompano fishing this year. Probably caught 150 this year with feet in the sand. I caught 3 last week. I’ve also caught a few this year inside the jetties. Never caught one offshore or nearshore.

Going to have to hit you up for some lessons on how to catch them in the surf Glen!

Comment

Originally posted by snappertapper View Post
                                So you would consider them an offshore species? That seems like more of a stretch. Also, every fish discussed in this thread can be caught in the surf.

They are very common in some florida bay systems at the right time of year.
                                Yes offshore, just an opinion and I doubt the OP was talking about Florida. Pollock are a good inshore fish in the northeast like around Massachusetts but that probably isn’t what the question referred to…

Comment

Working...
                                X