No announcement yet.

Jobs in that travel?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Many outside sales jobs have a fair amount of travel and can be solid careers. Pre-covid I traveled about 150 days a year. As others have said it can get old, but as long as the trade of your time for the money makes sense it isn't bad.

Comment

Construction in literally every field. Materials Testing. Construction Management.

Depending on how much you want to travel, there are companies like Greenheck Fan that you work at the office most of the year, then a couple times a year go to see your product perform in the field, or where components are built.

Comment

Consultant

Comment

Originally posted by ctom87 View Post
          Why do you want a traveling job? Is it to see the different places during downtime?
          When I was OTR I really enjoyed that job. I loved being on the road and traveling all over the country. It was a lifestyle really more so than a job and I looked forward to it everyday. I used to stay out 4-9 weeks at a time. It was very hard to do once we had kids. I came home once and my oldest was not quite a year old yet, he was scared of me. He did not know who I was and with good reason as I was gone all the time. I came off the road and took a time card job. I always said that when my boys were out on their own I wanted to go back OTR. Now with all the changes with DOT on trucking, I am not sure I want to go OTR. It just seems like they took the fun out of trucking with all the new Regs. That said, Id still enjoy a job with travel. I'm the type that will jump in the truck tomorrow and drive 2000 miles and not think twice about it. I do have sales experience but not a ton of it. Non of my sales experience involve true outside sales calls, no cold calls. I would need some training to do that.

Comment

Airlines are hiring without a college degree right now.

Based on my last flight on United, they don’t even seem to require a pilots license

Comment

Originally posted by Atfulldraw View Post
              Airlines are hiring without a college degree right now.

Based on my last flight on United, they don’t even seem to require a pilots license
              Brushtrooper, this was going to be my suggestion based on your answer. If you can afford part time fleet service you could have quite a bit of time off and enjoy free travel. I have been to Italy, Mexico, Grand Cayman, Jamaica, Chile...and never paid a dime outside of international taxes. Something you could consider.

Comment

Crew boats, utility boats, supply boats. Work six months a year.

Comment

Electrician.... There is work everywhere.

Comment

Originally posted by hogslayer78 View Post
                    We make temperature equipment (thermocouples, thermowelds, ect) for refineries all over the world. Our field service guys that install travel all over the US and the world. Have a crew in Saudi right now. We go to Belgium, China, Saudi, Trinidad, the list goes on and on.
                    Thermowells, not thermowelds😉

Comment

Space Force. You can really travel with that organization

Comment

Working...
                      X