Seen a lot of cell phone boosters on trucks lately

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Dale Moser View Post
    Do you stop all these people and ask them if their vehicle has ever "seen dirt"?

How much dirt does a rig have to see to meet your justification for aftermarket accessories?
    haha

Comment

Originally posted by WItoTX View Post
      I've seen folks in their lifted 4runners that have never seen dirt with those things strapped on back. I guess I assumed those were 2 way antennas for "off roading" in the parking lot of bombshells, hooters, and twin peaks.
      LMAO!!!

This is great and so true

City pavement crushers

Comment

Originally posted by Johnny Dangerr View Post
        Just spent 1K to boost the house. Went from 1 bar to barely 3. I can see downtown Houston from my roof.

That helps explain the vehicles with them..........

Comment

Every other truck has one around us.... We are also home to a fair amount of Oil and Gas "Commuters" since we are on the far west side of the metroplex. I have one my FIL gave me when he retired from the Patch but really haven't felt a need to use it since 98% of my projects are in the city.

Comment

Originally posted by outlook8 View Post
            Typically looks like a pear burner sticking up from the bed.
            Funny thing is, the HS "rednecks" running around Allen actually have pear burners sticking up out of the bed. It must be a thing. SMH

Comment

Remember back in the day when all the "cool" people had the 102" steel whip CB antenna? Well welcome to 2022! lol

BTW, I'm a "cool" person. Well that and I work oilfield in BFE and don't get signal without it. They really do work very well. I can go from zero signal to 2 or 3 bars when I turn on the booster.

Comment

Originally posted by ColinR View Post
                Remember back in the day when all the "cool" people had the 102" steel whip CB antenna? Well welcome to 2022! lol

BTW, I'm a "cool" person. Well that and I work oilfield in BFE and don't get signal without it. They really do work very well. I can go from zero signal to 2 or 3 bars when I turn on the booster.
                How far away from the truck/booster can you be? Thinking about one on my truck for the ranch. Signal is hit and miss at camper, 100 yards up the hill it is not bad. Never need to call anyone until it's freezing or raining and that 100 yards looks like a marathon ahead of you. Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by outlook8 View Post
                  Typically looks like a pear burner sticking up from the bed.
                  No joke....I was just about to start a thread "What are all these pear burner looking things on trucks?"

...now I know.

Comment

Originally posted by WItoTX View Post
                    I've seen folks in their lifted 4runners that have never seen dirt with those things strapped on back. I guess I assumed those were 2 way antennas for "off roading" in the parking lot of bombshells, hooters, and twin peaks.
                    Not any worse than 80% of the 3/4 ton diesals in the city driving around pulling invisible trailers and a bed loaded down with a few bags of potting soil from Home Depot.

I agree with one of the posters above citing the old CB attenas. It just seems like the cool thing to do for some, regardless if necessary.

Comment

Originally posted by Smart View Post
                      That helps explain the vehicles with them..........

Comment

As the crow flies, I’m half a mile from a large cell phone tower. It is close enough that if I step outside I can easily see it, line of sight. 2 days ago was on the phone with my dad when the call dropped. The signal on my phone dropped to nothing, while sitting stationary. It’s not like my house is a metal barndominium either, it’s a freaking fiberglass sided RV!!! A few days before that had dropped a phone call due to cell service completely dropping out and having zero service. This was while driving in San Antonio!!! Either my cell phone is starting to have problems or this 5G is a LOT worse than we were fed. My bet is on the later of the two.

Comment

Working...
                        X