Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Goldeneagle View Post
    We just called them Track Shoes.
    I wore a pair of Track Shoes out in about a week when I was about 10 (1968). The brakes on my bicycle (the ones on the handle bars) were bad and I had to use my shoes to stop me. My mother was not to happy.

Comment

Originally posted by EZ-10RANCH View Post
      X2. We’d go buy the tough skins and then buy the fresh Sears malt balls and split that one bag up between the whole family. Didn’t have much back then but we were happy. I truly miss the old way of life…
      Yes!!!!! The smell of buttered popcorn in the air was often a familiar smell in the shopping mall when walking towards the Sears store. Sears and Oshmans were probably my two favorite stores in the entire mall.

Comment

Not only toughskins, but the Husky Toughskins, for the fatazz kid. Shameful

Comment

Had Tough skins in blue, brown, green, and red.

Comment

Toughskins, Chuck Taylor's and your Daisy Red Rider! Set for the day.

Comment

I got all the hand me downs from my moms friends older son. Was a good deal all around. He was fancy. So I was fancy.

Comment

Originally posted by Rubberdown View Post
                I got all the hand me downs from my moms friends older son. Was a good deal all around. He was fancy. So I was Dfancy.
                But did they have fancy sparkles and bling on them like nowadays?

I once had a red cowboy hat and probably wore it with my Toughskins. 🙂

Comment

No. They were Just expensive. They didn’t have sparkles on girls jeans or all that fancy crap on the pockets of boys jeans like they do now.

My son and I have wranglers now. They seem to last.

Comment

Tuff Skins in elementary school with track shoes. Moved to wranglers and cowboy boots in Jr. High. Cutoffs and birdwells in the summer. I still have a couple of birdwells but they have shrunk.

Comment

Originally posted by jfk47 View Post
                      Growing up in the 60's, I don't remember even having names on most of my jeans. Mom would shop at either Sears or Gibsons, and every year before school started, we made a trip to Houston (Sharpstown) and we each got 2 pair of jeans and about 3-4 T-shirts. And a bunch of iron-on patches. Ha! Man, we thought we were the cats meow !!
                      Globe shopping center at Sharpstown I believe is where we went . That was a while back !!

Comment

Yeppers

Mom didn't know better than to take me to Sears. Lots with mismatched knee patches.

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                          X