No announcement yet.

Farm Pond Fishing for Kids

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Beetlespins & H&H spinnerbaits. Great pond baits.

Comment

Roadrunners and Beetle Spins

Comment

Originally posted by CEO View Post
        I usually give my son a plastic worm or top water. Give him anything with a treble hook and he'll chunk it right into a brush pile and pull half of it onto the bank.
        Top waters are hard to beat; really gets the kids excited when a bass aggressively takes it and I've had bream take small ones as well.

Comment

Originally posted by tbgascorer View Post
          Roadrunners and Beetle Spins
          This right here. Me, my wife and a couple buddies plum tore up the bass recently in a spring fed pond using nothing but little roadrunners. Fun to catch on light tackle. I had two of them pushing 3lbs. Great time.

Comment

When I was a young lad I always had a few white h&h double spin spinnerbaits in my box of junk. Caught more pond bass than I can count.

Comment

Dittos for H&H spinnerbaits

Comment

Yep all the spin baits mentioned above and soft plastics. Regular worms in black, pumping seed, watermelon and white. Rig it however you like. Also don’t discount senko style worms rigged wacky or weightless. Farm ponds tend to get pretty mossy in the summer, that can be pretty frustrating for kids trying run a spinner that’s hung up in suspended muck. You can pop a senko along the mat and let it fall into the holes. On a good day, you will catch fish on 7 outta 10 holes in the mat you find

Comment

For pearch.
                  We always had fun with a hook and bobber and you have to catch your own bait (crickets and grasshoppers).

Comment

Another vote for H&H spinner bait. Black/yellow or chartreuse/white.

Comment

Originally posted by Dale Moser View Post
                      Black/chart beetle spins, or small spinner baits. Small grasshopper style crankbaits, Rooster Tails, Roadrunners, and and floating frogs.
                      Throw in a tiny torpedo. The fish still like the same things
                      they did 25 years ago. 😁

Comment

Don't forget, his young kids are 4 & 5....Cane pole and worms will keep them busy and wanting to come back.

Comment

Originally posted by Lights Out View Post
                          Throw in a tiny torpedo. The fish still like the same things
                          they did 25 years ago. 😁
                          This is probably true. To be honest I haven't looked at the freshwater section of lures in those 25 years so I'm not sure what was still available and what isn't! I fished with a lot of the baits mentioned. Thanks to all, some good info!

Comment

Blakemore Roadrunners !
                            Best lure ever made for catching fish hands down !
                            Get some white ones and chartreuse ones.

Comment

At their age, cane pole, with line, bobber, hook and worm.

Comment

For a 4 and 5 year old, nothing will beat a cane pole and live bait.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Working...
                                X