Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TexasTK View Post
    No Pearsall
    10-4. The per ton without bulk reduced rate cost was significantly cheaper than what you were quoted ($420/ton). I’m thinking a salesman misspoke on that. We will see

Comment

Lyssy and Eckel $422 / ton plus delivery. The cost of feed has only gone up $8 per ton since March of last year but freight has doubled.
      Last edited by Sika; 04-04-2022, 09:28 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Sika View Post
        Lyssy and Eckel $422 / ton plus delivery.
        How many tons ? Friend just bought the L&E 20% from Roosevelt store & it was $507 for 12 tons

Comment

Lyssy and Eckel $422 / ton plus delivery. The cost of feed has only gone up $8 per ton since March of last year but freight has doubled.
          Yeah. And Sonora is a good ways from all the mills lol.

Comment

Just quoted $540 ton for LC feed. Was $490 ton first of yr.
            😖
            How many tons was that for? I know they increased the minimum to 12 tons to deliver

Comment

12 Tons & it comes out of Seguin.

Comment

How many tons ? Friend just bought the L&E 20% from Roosevelt store & it was $507 for 12 tons
                That's probably with freight added in. They brought 11.2 tons last time and with freight it was $465 / ton. Ours comes from Poth which is over 2 hours away.

Comment

Originally posted by trophy8 View Post
                  How many tons was that for? I know they increased the minimum to 12 tons to deliver

I always order 12 tons but we almost never get it. Sometimes we only get 9 tons. The drivers guess how much is going in the truck and some of them are better at it than others.

Comment

Feeding the MG 16% on my Weimar place. It's gotten up to $11 a bag.

Comment

I always order 12 tons but we almost never get it. Sometimes we only get 9 tons. The drivers guess how much is going in the truck and some of them are better at it than others.
                      We aren’t running overhead bins. Bags. Way too rough for a heavy trailer to get to feeders and the cost to buy the bin and trailer isn’t worth it for what we do. So bags on pallets it is!

Comment

Gotcha…yeah we buy bags for our place in the hill country but 1 ton fills all the feeders there. We’re thinking of buying a hopper we can haul to town to fill up so we don’t have to mess with bags.
                        Anyhoo, LE is $506 for 1 ton bags plus delivery.
                        Last April it was $482. Not a huge difference.

Comment

Gotcha…yeah we buy bags for our place in the hill country but 1 ton fills all the feeders there. We’re thinking of buying a hopper we can haul to town to fill up so we don’t have to mess with bags.
                          Anyhoo, LE is $506 for 1 ton bags plus delivery.
                          Last April it was $482. Not a huge difference.
                          I’m sure you know this. But Mason feed has a trailer you can borrow. I assume one of the llano places does. Won’t be worth it for 1 ton at a time I doubt.

Comment

It’s 14.25/ bagged @ Lyssey and eckel in Roosevelt if you buy a pallet with discount for over a ton, but also surcharge of $11/pallet unless you bring it back, not sure how big of difference bulk price is compared to bagged price

Comment

We just got 10 tons from L and E for 462 a ton plus delivery. Delivery from Poth to East Texas was 600.

Comment

$16.99 50lb

Comment

Working...
                                X