Live Axis Hunt! 3/25/22

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bowhunterhelm View Post
    If they are coming everyday religiously and then they miss a day that you just happen to hunt I'm thinking they caught you coming in. Still have a little time left, hopefully they creep in before dark.
    Well, that big buck in first post watched me park. I've been here 4 and a half hours. Was hoping they would have gotten over it by now.

Comment

Originally posted by Casey View Post
      Well, that big buck in first post watched me park. I've been here 4 and a half hours. Was hoping they would have gotten over it by now.
      You hunting tomorrow too?

Comment

Originally posted by JakeM View Post
        You hunting tomorrow too?
        Not in the am. Maybe afternoon or Sunday morning. Lots of chores to do.

I left early so I could glass fields while walking out. 30 axis in the coastal field to the south. Got in the truck and headed out, saw deer to north of where I parked. Big boy was there about 150 yards away with another big buck and some does.

This is when I wish I would have taken the. 257 Roberts. I want it with my bow though.

Comment

Originally posted by Casey View Post
          Not in the am. Maybe afternoon or Sunday morning. Lots of chores to do.

I left early so I could glass fields while walking out. 30 axis in the coastal field to the south. Got in the truck and headed out, saw deer to north of where I parked. Big boy was there about 150 yards away with another big buck and some does.

This is when I wish I would have taken the. 257 Roberts. I want it with my bow though.
          Yeah a bow axis would be awesome, ive only killed one with a rifle.

Good luck tomorrow night, ill be following

Comment

Darn the bad luck!

Comment

Originally posted by JakeM View Post
              Yeah a bow axis would be awesome, ive only killed one with a rifle.

Good luck tomorrow night, ill be following
              I killed one, my first, a couple years ago at this setup. Not a trophy by any means but I was thrilled with it. Here is the video. This was before the timed protein feeder went in. That thing has made a difference!

Comment

They found the feeder this morning. However, the big ones didn't show. I'm trying to plan my next trip to the blind.Click image for larger version

Name:	spypoint.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	124.2 KB
ID:	24681210

Comment

Are you in the blind yet?

Comment

Ummm, I skipped tonight's hunt. I'm trying again in the morning. I'll post then

Comment

This is what I saw on the walk out last night.Click image for larger version

Name:	106024.jpg
Size:	125.5 KB
ID:	24681212

Comment

Big ones haven't shown yetClick image for larger version

Name:	spypoint.jpg
Size:	36.3 KB
ID:	24681213

Comment

Headed to Garcia.

Comment

Good luck!

Comment

Go get em

Comment

Beautiful stroll in to the blind. I'm hopeful this morning.

Comment

Working...
                                X