Whelp, my turn....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Sackett View Post
    “It’s been a hard month”??????? Is that all you’re marriage is worth to you? Sometimes marriage is HARD. Some things are worth fighting for.

If you have school-aged kids, you don’t have a “Bachelor Pad”. Not sure *** a vasectomy has to do with a divorce and not sure how a man has the capacity to air so much drama on a public forum.
    X2

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

Comment

“It’s been a hard month”??????? Is that all you’re marriage is worth to you? Sometimes marriage is HARD. Some things are worth fighting for.

If you have school-aged kids, you don’t have a “Bachelor Pad”. Not sure *** a vasectomy has to do with a divorce and not sure how a man has the capacity to air so much drama on a public forum.
      Yep. No bachelor pad here. My youngest is 15 so here 3 more years at least. My oldest son ( 20 ) still lives here too ( to my chagrin ) and now my daughter is moving back from Abilene next week and will be staying here a bit while they find a place and get settled back in here.....

Good thing women dont like me I guess.....

( wont comment on the drama, I have aired plenty myself)

Comment

Best of luck to both of you!!!and theirs lots of advice..out there..Mine is Do not talk bad about each other in front of kids ....Just talked to mine about that subject last w/e ...Both agreed its been a great divorce...They were less than ten when we split...there in 40s now both beautiful ladies and hold no grudges

Comment

Prayers for your kids and for the both of you.

Comment

People say the key to a happy marriage is communication. That's wrong, the key is mutual understanding. If a woman says "I have nothing to wear" she means she has nothing new or nothing she likes. if a man says "I have nothing to wear" he means nothing is clean. Same words but two different meanings, because men and women speak different languages.

If you think there is a chance you want to try again, I suggest putting God first in your life. Put him first and everything else will fall into place. Its still work, and you'll still have hard times but you'll be better equipped to handle it.

This is a very good video series to watch.
            Last edited by Hoggslayer; 03-25-2022, 06:36 AM.

Comment

What he said^^

OP, you sound like you’re bragging and proud of this decision. Divorce tears families apart and can leave deep scars on your children.

Comment

Originally posted by Cajun Blake View Post
                Just my opinion, I would NOT post anything else on social media. Zip it and don’t say a word.

I can guarantee your social media profile and emails will be scrutinized & reviewed with a fine tooth comb. You’re bragging about the divorce before even filing .. that does not look good on your part.

I’m not calling you out, just stating the facts as divorce attorneys are ruthless and will stop at nothing to paint your past as a bad father and husband.

Prayers for the kids
                Solid advice. Think on it, especially if she's willing to work on it. That's a lot of years to walk away from and it's gonna be tough on the kiddos. Prayers for your family and for you and you wife to make the right decision, whatever that may be.

Comment

I tried for years to do everything I could to save my marriage mainly for the kids. I was one of apparently the remaining few that really believed it meant forever and if you have issues you just work it out. I would have never nuked it, in large part because of the kids. I tried until her actions left no other option. And still got, and am getting shafted. Yours is a little different since your kids are not so young.

Good luck, hopefully it all works out for you and you have great lawyers.

Comment

Originally posted by Flex View Post
                    I tried for years to do everything I could to save my marriage mainly for the kids. I was one of apparently the remaining few that really believed it meant forever and if you have issues you just work it out. I would have never nuked it, in large part because of the kids. I tried until her actions left no other option. And still got, and am getting shafted. Yours is a little different since your kids are not so young.

Me too. Some is documented on this site. Held on to the point of stupidity. When she told me she doesnt love me anymore and popped up pregnant 2 weeks later ( I had a vasectomy) I felt like I had done my duty and was justified in divorcing her.

Comment

Originally posted by Hoggslayer View Post
                      People say the key to a happy marriage is communication. That's wrong, the key is mutual understanding. If a woman says "I have nothing to wear" she means she has nothing new or nothing she likes. if a man says "I have nothing to wear" he means nothing is clean. Same words but two different meanings, because men and women speak different languages.

If you think there is a chance you want to try again, I suggest putting God first in your life. Put him first and everything else will fall into place. Its still work, and you'll still have hard times but you'll be better equipped to handle it.

This is a very good video series to watch.
                      https://youtu.be/a3x76Xuocpw
                      Good advice here, take it!

Comment

Have 2 beautiful grandchildren going thru counseling right now because their parents could not stand each other. Refused counseling for their marriage, refused to surrender their hearts to the Lord. Selfish parents, suffering children.

Comment

Went through one last year and have 3 kids. Having kids half time sucks. The first few months was really tough the nights they weren't with me. Even if I had company over those nights it still wasn't the same as them not being around but was a **** good distraction.

Good luck. If you need anything PM and I can send you my number.

Comment

Kids suffer worse in a household with two parents that fight all the time. They are much better off with adults that are setting a good example by not being in toxic relationships. All you are doing is teaching them to stay in toxic relationships. There are much worse things for kids than their parents getting divorced. Thousands of things.

Comment

Sometimes the hardest part of being a man is putting others before yourself. There are countless studies, stories, etc. proving what divorce does to children. I would urge you to reconsider. All your kids will remember is who put up a fight to stay married and who ran out the open door. If she is “crawfishing” there is plenty to hold on to and work for. Find a Christian based counselor, open the Bible, go to church as a family. Every marriage is guaranteed ups and downs so if you’re in a down right now there’s a possibility for another up down the road!

Comment

Originally posted by Flex View Post

My wife is Nigerian. Her father spoke at our wedding. "This is it you two. There is no word for divorce in igbo. She is yours now Kyle. She does not come back to me. Don't screw it up".

OP, do what you gotta do. But I would ask the mods to delete this thread if I were you. As many others said, this will be found by a divorce attorney, and will reflect poorly on you. Oh, and you will end up having to pay the bill for the attorney that digs this up if he/she is any good.

Comment

Working...
                                X